• eurovw89
    • Feb 2010

help with 7.1 speakers....

My setup now is 6.1:
    Yamaha NS-555 for fronts
    Yamaha NS-C444 for my front center
    Yamaha NS-333 for my surrounds
    Yamaha NS-C444 for my rear center

My question is...I am framing in my basement for HT room and and pulling speaker wire for 7.1.....I am wondering if I should buy two more NS-333 and use them for my rears (7.1) or buy another NS-C444 for my rears (7.1)? I need to know this so I can frame in the correct support and mount my voltage brackets for these speakers
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I'm not familiar with these particular models. However, in general I'll say that center channel speakers are designed as direct radiating, very directional to localize the sound from the front center of the sound stage. As such, they are not really designed for surround use, where you want more of a diffused, dispersed sound. Therefore, when people are trying to make a surround package, I recommend that they go with surround speakers (like dipoles) instead of using centers or mains.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"