• Show
Clear All
  • yanies
    • Jun 2008

Magnepan MG 12 and M1.6

Hello everybody

I am thinking of upgrading my Magnepan MG 12 with M1.6

I dont know the difference between those two

Does it worth the upgrade, or MG12 are fine with the system I have?
    What are the differences?

Thanks in advance
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Moving as it's not Rotel specific.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
      • Sep 2001

The Magnepan MG 1.6 speakers will slightly extend the range at which you can play muisc loudly yet smoothly (without perceptable distortion). You will probably experience more solid bass with the MG 1.6's over the MG 12's. They are an audiophile bargain. Meanwhile, for their size and price, the MG 12 speakers are quite good, as well. Although your current system is set up for stereo, you could move the MG12s to the back of the room for use as rear speakers in a surround setup, or put them to use in another room (with additional electronics).

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• yanies
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
        The Magnepan MG 1.6 speakers will slightly extend the range at which you can play muisc loudly yet smoothly (without perceptable distortion). You will probably experience more solid bass with the MG 1.6's over the MG 12's. They are an audiophile bargain. Meanwhile, for their size and price, the MG 12 speakers are quite good, as well. Although your current system is set up for stereo, you could move the MG12s to the back of the room for use as rear speakers in a surround setup, or put them to use in another room (with additional electronics).
        Thank you Burke.

I really appreciate your professional response even it was not a Rotel related question.

I have though five components that are ROTEL that I really enjoy and try to offer them the best speaker to express what they can really do.

Thanks once more

Yannis

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

Yannis, as Burke said the Mg 1.6's are trully an audio bargin for their sonic capability, with that being said I would very much recomend you mate them up with a capable sub (if you don't already have one) to solidify the bottom two octaves.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"