X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike_Schmidt
    • Mar 2009

New to here

So Im about to be a new owner of Parasound JC2 Pre and A21 power, my question is since my CD player only has RCA jacks is it worth while putting XLR's between the pre and power. My interconnects are Cardas Golden Reference and they are only 3' long.
    Running into Proac D28's
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Unless you have very sensitive speakers, or a long run between your components, or very very good ears, probably not.

Comment

• twitch54
      • Apr 2006

Welcome Mike.....ahhhh...... I have fond memories of all those great years you gave us at "The Hot Corner" here in Phila !!!!
      Dave

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I was thinking the same thing....

Comment

• Jordo
          • Aug 2008

Hey man I'm from the Hat too

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
            • Mar 2009

What are the chances!

Comment

• r100gs
              • May 2005

I run my P3/A21 with XLR's. The capability is there, why not use it. I would love to have that JC2!
              Jay

Comment

• Mike_Schmidt
                • Mar 2009

I havent got a chance to listen to my setup as shipping from warehouse was delayed. How does your system sound with the A21

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Hey Mike, over in Club Parasound we have a couple threads that talk about the balanced XLR jacks having a 6db boost over the unbalanced. Those with very sensitive speakers like Klipsch have reported that this can actually introduce a background hiss, but those with less sensitive speakers report increased clarity.

So I'd just consider what speakers you're going to use.
                  CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                  - Pleasantville

Comment

• r100gs
                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Mike_Schmidt
                    I havent got a chance to listen to my setup as shipping from warehouse was delayed. How does your system sound with the A21
                    I think the A21 sounds great with my setup. Yours may vary. :W Check my profile for system specs.
                    Jay

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"