X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daspaceman
    • Jan 2010

power amp for proac response d two

Hello,

Just got a pair of proac response d 2, with a sensitivity of 88db.
    Do you thibk classe` is a good matching amp for proac speakers? If yes which stereo classe` power amplifier do you recommand.
    I`m interested in seond hand too.
    I think that I can get more from the speakers with a better amplifier than my current rotelrmb1075 .I will still keep the rmb1075 for centre and rear duties in an HT setup.

Thanks,
    Kevin Brincat.
    A/V Preamp: Rotel RSP-1069
    Power Amp : Rotel RMB-1075
    Speakers : ProAC response d two&centre,AS6Sub,Monitor.A RXFX
    Cables : Nordost Cables.
  • daspaceman
    • Jan 2010

Come on Classe` audio experts! I`m new into classe` gear Please help!

Comment

• wettou
      Ultra Senior Member
      • May 2006

Originally posted by daspaceman
      Come on Classe` audio experts! I`m new into classe` gear Please help!
      Never heard those speakers beforte but you can't go wrong with 88db you should try the CT-600M that should make them sing just watch out for your wallet :B

Or you can try Emotiva monoblocks and save $10,000

Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.
      Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• daspaceman
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wettou
        Never heard those speakers beforte but you can't go wrong with 88db you should try the CT-600M that should make them sing just watch out for your wallet :B

Or you can try Emotiva monoblocks and save $10,000

http://emotiva.com/xpa1.shtm
        Come on! my budget is around 3000, i`m interested in second hand too

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

If your budget is $3K, then look at a used CA-2200. There are a couple of them on AudiogoN right now, one at $2750.00 (sale pending) and one at $3500.00 (which is a touch high in my opinion), so you should be able to find one around three grand. It is a wonderful sounding amp but I've not heard it with Proac speakers. I would think it would work well with those speakers since it's been very good on everything else I've heard it on.

Eric

Comment

• daspaceman
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hifiguymi
            If your budget is $3K, then look at a used CA-2200. There are a couple of them on AudiogoN right now, one at $2750.00 (sale pending) and one at $3500.00 (which is a touch high in my opinion), so you should be able to find one around three grand. It is a wonderful sounding amp but I've not heard it with Proac speakers. I would think it would work well with those speakers since it's been very good on everything else I've heard it on.

Eric
            Thanks eric. Should i buy the CA-2200, will my rotel rsp1069 pre/pro be good with the classe or i would need to buy a classe preamp to go with it?
            Thanks!

Comment

• hifiguymi
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2007

Yes, yes, and yes. I personally think, as I said, that the CA-2200 is a very good sounding amp and would highly recommend it. As far as the preamp, the RSP-1069 will work well with the CA-2200 but a Classe preamp will be better. It all comes down to, just like everything else, how much you want to spend.

Eric

Comment

• daspaceman
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by hifiguymi
                Yes, yes, and yes. I personally think, as I said, that the CA-2200 is a very good sounding amp and would highly recommend it. As far as the preamp, the RSP-1069 will work well with the CA-2200 but a Classe preamp will be better. It all comes down to, just like everything else, how much you want to spend.

Eric
                Thanks hifi guy.. I will start with the amp first... then see how it goes from there. If I still want to upgrade I will buy the preamp later.

Will the Ca-2100 be enough to power the proac speakers?
                What second hand preamp from classe do you recommand?. (want to spend around 1500) I know that lots of the class preamps have an HT bypass , ans that is good for me :T

Comment

• hifiguymi
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2007

I would think the CA-2100 would work with those speakers. Both the CA-2100 and CA-2200 sound very similar with the CA-2200 having more power and authority on the bottom end. From what I've seen, there are fewer CA-2100s used but they do pop up once in a while.

The Classe preamps that have an HT bypass are the CP-500 and CP-700. I haven't seen a CP-500 for around $1500.00 but that doesn't mean there won't be one at some point. Both of the Delta series preamps are very open and detailed. The CP-700 is a little better at micro dynamics and has a darker background but both are very good. The CP-47.5 from the previous series is pretty nice as well but doesn't have an HT bypass.

Eric

Comment

• wettou
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • May 2006

CA-2100 is a great amp for more humph get the CA-2200

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• daspaceman
                      • Jan 2010

Thanks hifiguymi and wettou .. I will read some reviews on the above mentioned kit

I discovered that the older CP65 has an HT bypass too. do you recommand that model since it`s a little old?

One last important question : I live in europe, much of audiogon gear is 120V .
                      Is it difficult to set Classe gear to 230V or is it better to try and buy classe gear from europe ? Classe Gear in the USA is much cheaper though!
                      Thanks

Comment

• wettou
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • May 2006

Thanks hifiguymi and wettou .. I will read some reviews on the above mentioned kit

I discovered that the older CP65 has an HT bypass too. do you recommand that model since it`s a little old?

One last important question : I live in europe, much of audiogon gear is 120V .
                        Is it difficult to set Classe gear to 230V or is it better to try and buy classe gear from europe ? Classe Gear in the USA is much cheaper though!
                        Thanks
                        You can jusr send it to Classé in Europe and they will rest the voltage

Comment

• daspaceman
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by wettou
                          You can jusr send it to Classé in Europe and they will rest the voltage
                          Good to know! thanks

Comment

• wettou
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            • May 2006

Good to know! thanks
                            Most welcome, double check with Classé first

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"