X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnorth1178
    • Feb 2006

Trade Prima amp for McIntosh Mc7270

My son and I traded amps yesterday with the provision that if either of us wanted to trade back we could. He took my Prima Prologue 6 and I took his Mcintosh MC 7270's. i wish we could have done an a-b. I like both. If I had to make a hard choice right now it would be difficult. Wonder if any of you would have any suggestions or opinions you could give me. I know the final decision is what sounds right to ME. Just would like to get some ideas from you guiys who are much more 'tuhed in' than I am. Jacknorth11787
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

If you want to know the audible difference you really need to do A-B comparisons at matched levels, on your system. No one can really say how a component will sound on your system.

But, if you don't notice a difference then I guess it's all good?
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• Jnorth1178
      • Feb 2006

Not much info or perhaps inerest in this post. I have been playing the Mac for several hours the last couple of days. All in all I like the sound. Though on certain discs it seems strident in the midrange. I don't know the terms that should apply here. But the various instruments in the orchestra seem to mush together when the orchestra is reaching a crecendo (sp) Is this to be expected with a Mac amp? I should think not. If the answer is "no" then where should i look for the reason. Could it be in the discs? One that I noticed the problem in especially is a Phillips disc. I can tell a vast differnce betwenn the sound of the Prima and the sound of the Mac. Would appreciate some input from you. Jack North 1178
      Last edited by Jnorth1178; 01 February 2009, 00:54 Sunday. Reason: mistyped,

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"