X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Hafler Scematic

I'm looking for a schematic for a P-230 Hafler amplifier. Does anyone know where I can find one?

The P-230 uses the standard PC-19C board that most of the Haflers like the DH-220 use; but, I don't know if the P-230 is exactly the same. Hafler's web site isn't any help either since there are pages missing. :roll:

This unit has one channel burnt out, circuit board is very well done. My goal is to redo both channels and replace the MOS-FETS with similar ones from Exicon.

I seem to always find the projects where schematics are hard to find. :roll:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to make a thread on DIYaudio as well. But, I'm going to wait. Mostly because the guys over there scare me a little with all the knowledge.

Thanks
    -Joe
  • Amphiprion
    • Apr 2006

Some of them should also scare you with what is false knowledge. You practically have to work in the electronics field to know what's genuine usable information over there and what's bunk.

For example: biasing op-amps into Class A operation willy-nilly. Almost always a terrible practice with modern op-amps unless you really know what you are doing and can measure it. Not many (and not even myself) can do it properly because of a lack of measurement equipment, and everyone else ends up degrading the performance of the opamp in almost all cases.

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Originally posted by Amphiprion
      Some of them should also scare you with what is false knowledge. You practically have to work in the electronics field to know what's genuine usable information over there and what's bunk.

For example: biasing op-amps into Class A operation willy-nilly. Almost always a terrible practice with modern op-amps unless you really know what you are doing and can measure it. Not many (and not even myself) can do it properly because of a lack of measurement equipment, and everyone else ends up degrading the performance of the opamp in almost all cases.
      Well that is pretty much it in a nut shell.

I've seen a few things over there that make me scratch my head and break out the old circuits and systems text book.
      -Joe

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

have you called Hafler? I know they still have a few of the older model schematics around.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• joetama
          • May 2006

No I haven't called them. I didn't know that was an option.

Thanks for the information.
          -Joe

Comment

• RobP
            Ultra Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

I have a couple power switches left for those amps if you need one.
            Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

The switch seems to be fine on this one.

Just a crispy channel.

But, if I do need a switch I'll be sure to get a hold of you.
              -Joe

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"