X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

A Bi-Wire Simple Question

hello all,

if i bi-wire my paradigm ref. studio 100 v2 from a rotel rb-1080 amp, will they sound better???

currently i'm running the wire through both speaker post.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Hmm...possibly but I don't know if you'll notice like a huge difference.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
      Hmm...possibly but I don't know if you'll notice like a huge difference.
      Or you could imagine one, anyway. :
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• mjb
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

The easy answer is no. Otherwise, as Kal says, you might just imagine one. Better yet, imagine a bi-wire cable ;-)
        There's no need to run the cable through both posts either, the posts are already paralleled.
        - Mike

Main System:
        B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
        Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

I must have a pretty good imagination then.

To me biwire is better, to others it is just different, to others........well you read the other posts.
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• littlesaint
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Briz vegas
            I must have a pretty good imagination then.

To me biwire is better, to others it is just different, to others........well you read the other posts.
            Are you saying it sounds better, or it is electrically better? Saying it sounds better is subjective and not worth debating. Though I would have to agree with those saying the improvement is in the mind more than the ears. Saying it is electrically better is very much debatable. Whether crossovers are connected with internal wiring, brass straps, or two pairs of speaker cables, they're still connected in parallel to a single power source. No difference.
            Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

As long as the jumpers are decent quality, I've heard no significant improvement. I happen to have mine double bi-wired anyway though...

I have heard improvements by changing out the cheap metal plates used for jumpers and getting some decent speaker wire.
              Danish

Comment

• Briz vegas
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by littlesaint
                Are you saying it sounds better, or it is electrically better? Saying it sounds better is subjective and not worth debating. Though I would have to agree with those saying the improvement is in the mind more than the ears. Saying it is electrically better is very much debatable. Whether crossovers are connected with internal wiring, brass straps, or two pairs of speaker cables, they're still connected in parallel to a single power source. No difference.
                Well I don't enjoy my hifi by looking at a meter or a computer printout. What I enjoy is what sounds better. There are many things you can do to tailor the sound to your liking. One is to biwire the speakers. If you prefer the sound that way and you can afford another run of speaker wire then give it a go - if not then try something else.

Running from a Conrad Johnson CA200 to a pair of B&W 804s using a certain brand of relatively expensive silver over copper flat profile speaker wire sounds better when separating the bass from the treble. That is my experience and I have repeated the experiment a number of times over the past 6 months (after wondering "Is this really the best configuration") always coming to the same conclusion.

This is a discussion forum on a hobby website, not a peer reviewed scientific journal.

PS excuse the grumpy mood, nothing personal. Just don't shut down debate because some of us are not counting electrons - particularly given that audio is still part art and part science.
                Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• utkinpol
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by june
                  hello all,

if i bi-wire my paradigm ref. studio 100 v2 from a rotel rb-1080 amp, will they sound better???

currently i'm running the wire through both speaker post.
                  quick answer is - yes, they will. long answer - yes, but you may not be able to hear the difference.

read this - it explains.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"