X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

H||H Audio V800

Hello,

I currently have a H||H (or HH or H&H depending on who types it) Audio V800. I know very little about this amplifier other than it sounds very nice and it is powerful. I acquired it from my father who used to use them for Pro-PA applications, he still has 8 of them sitting in a road case in his warehouse. I know they were made in the late 80s, they are MOS-FET, and H||H Audio is no longer in business.

I am looking for any information on the company, designer, designers other work, and or the amplifier. I really like this amplifier and am very curious about the history of it.

Oh, and I will post pictures of it later. It looks a bit ruff but still functions and sounds excellent.

Thanks,
    Joe
    -Joe
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Here are the pictures...

-Joe

Comment

• joetama
      • May 2006

Bump...

Anyone got anything? Even a comment, suggestion, anything?
      -Joe

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Looks beefy

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Joe, after a few Googles all I could come up with was several pages of "for sale" listings. I couldn't find any history other than the nugget that Eddie Van Halen used them at some point in his career.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Originally posted by David Meek
            Joe, after a few Googles all I could come up with was several pages of "for sale" listings. I couldn't find any history other than the nugget that Eddie Van Halen used them at some point in his career.
            That is pretty much the same thing that I have found...

After talking with my dad it seems H||H was purchased by Lanney. Sometime in the late 80s early 90s.

He also said he thought they were (or some version of them) used at the BBC on monitoring systems.

So who knows... Everyone I have ever encounted who has used one speaks of them with a bit of legend. (However, no one knows that much about them) I've been running the one pictured on my 703 for a week now and I don't think I'll go back to my Rotel amp... :dancenana:
            -Joe

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

I took some internal pictures of it a bit ago...

-Joe

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"