X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shinnosuki
    • Sep 2007

I need a 200+ CD MEGACHANGER!

Hello! this is my first post but i've been viewing here for a long time, so any comment is welcome!

I am a music lover and i'm looking for a mega cd changer that is ideally for this purpose, only because my media is in DVD and MP3..so can anyone recommend a good cd changer about 200 to 400 DVD/CDs capacity..i've done some research and the only one i can find is the Sony CDX995V which is 400 DVD MP3, I guess thats pretty good for a budget of $150-300.

I also found out about some media centers, which are very nice, but I won't need multi-zone and its like too much if its over 600ish..500 maybe..lol. THx!
  • Alaric
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

Only other one I could find with a quick search was a Pioneer with a MSRP of $1100 . To be honest , your search is kind of like "I want a really fast bus". Good luck. I would save up for something like this http://www.olive.us/home.html

:T
    Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
    Marantz PM-KI Pearl
    Schiit Modi 3
    Marantz CD5005
    Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

For 1100 bucks I'd go for the olive as well with a nice dac upgrade later on would be great I've thought about purchasing an olive but at this time its to expensive for me and my PC does a pretty good job.

Comment

• Thelonious Funk
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Shinnosuki
        Hello! this is my first post but i've been viewing here for a long time, so any comment is welcome!

I am a music lover and i'm looking for a mega cd changer that is ideally for this purpose, only because my media is in DVD and MP3..so can anyone recommend a good cd changer about 200 to 400 DVD/CDs capacity..i've done some research and the only one i can find is the Sony CDX995V which is 400 DVD MP3, I guess thats pretty good for a budget of $150-300.

I also found out about some media centers, which are very nice, but I won't need multi-zone and its like too much if its over 600ish..500 maybe..lol. THx!
        I have 2 400 disc cd players I can sell you, as I have no use for them now.

THey are sony, and they can be daisy chained and controlled on one remote. They do not handle DVD's.
        Hello, my name is Eric and I am a music addict.

Comment

• JohnA
          Super Senior Member
          • Apr 2005

Sony up until awhile ago was still also showing some of the DVP-CX777ES 400 disk DVD changers available as refurbs for sale, but now they show it as out of stock, although with a price of $550 for a refurbished one they are still priced quite a bit higher than the 995 changers are. main adavantages to the 777ES is that it can also be controlled via RS232. And in my case with my Escient DVDM-552 that also allows me to control up to five of them through the Escient. It's really nice, I add a new DVD, the Escient logs in online and downloads all the moives data for it to display in the menus. I bought all five of my 777ES's new for slightly less the price that Sony is selling the refurbs for now though, so their price is really kind of out of wack for a refurbished one. But seeing how they seem to now be discontinued as a new model, even the amount of them showing up on ebay has dropped by a large amount. And the ones still left, even though used, also seem to be commanding higher prices than they did in the past.

Another nice thing if you are running Win MCE2005 and have a CX777ES, is that there is also free software availible to control them with a computer.

My Movies - Home Entertainment Software Solutions for Windows, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Phone.

I myself still also have two Sony DVP-CX875P's 300 disk changers, with one even being NIB, that I would be willing to sell for a good price. But I do not really know if they can even handle the type of MP3's you want to play or not. It does mention in the manual that it can play MP3 on CDR's. But if I'm not mistaken, it might not be able to play those same MP3's if they are instead recorded on a DVDR+/-. I think even Sony's newer changers can have problems with MP3's that are recorded to recordable DVD's and not CDR's.

If you wish, you can D/L a owners manual for it from here.

Looking for support on Sony Electronics products? Find comprehensive support information for Sony products.

"

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

I'd recommend some sort of hard disc storage device as well. I currently have the Olive Musica, and it has been great. Stores 400+ CDs, has a good DAC, and picks up all meta-data and Internet radio via my wi-fi connection. Very convenient and easy to use (like an iPod on steriods).
            Brad

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

I agree with everybody that suggested some sort of hard drive. If all you are talking about is 200 cds, an I Pod will work for that.

Comment

• Alaric
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Jan 2006

If all you are talking about is 200 cds, an I Pod will work for that.

It will sound like screaming poop , but it will hold that quantity of music. :B
                Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                Schiit Modi 3
                Marantz CD5005
                Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• dknightd
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Alaric
                  It will sound like screaming poop , but it will hold that quantity of music. :B
                  Maybe not. Wadia apparently is soon releasing a device that allows you
                  to get digital audio out of an ipod!

Wadia Digital, Inc. announced that it will debut the $349 iTransport iPod dock in Las Vegas at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) January 7, 2008. Certified by Apple as "Made for iPod®," the iTransport bypasses the iPod's internal D/A conversion to output an S/PDIF signal, "providing CD-quality resolution from full-resolution from file formats such as .WAV and [Apple Lossless]." It also outputs component video signals for "up to DVD-quality" video.

Should sound at least as good as a sony jukebox.

I can't imagine buying a jukebox. A computer is much more
                  convenient IMO.

Comment

• Bob
                    • Jul 2000

It will sound like screaming poop , but it will hold that quantity of music
                    Compared to a 200 cd mega changer? In all due respect an IPOD can be used as a bases for a very good audiophile system. It just needs to be properly loaded.

Comment

• dknightd
                      • Mar 2006

update

"And then we heard the iTransport driving the $13,500 Wadia 781 player/DAC/preamp and Halcro DM308 power amp and a pair of Verity Parsifals. Wow!"

Comment

• Hdale85
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Jan 2006

Thats crazy expensive for a big metal box that just takes digital out and passes it to a DAC that you have to also buy.

Comment

• dknightd
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
                          Thats crazy expensive for a big metal box that just takes digital out and passes it to a DAC that you have to also buy.
                          $349 might be a little bit high. But Wadia isn't known for making bargain basement stuff. . .

Comment

• Shinnosuki
                            • Sep 2007

Ok wow! thanks for all the replies, sorry I've been busy at work and couldn't reply timely...As for my search, you guys gotta know I have TONS of music all in mp3. My collection spans into 60+DVD thats about 250GBs of music, into almost 5000albums, so I would most definitely need a DVD player that handles mp3.

The olive is something really to consider, but I couldn't find how much storage this media hub has. I would need 250gb worth and then some for future add-ons. I know harmon kardon came out with a similar one, but its $3000, yikes!

I bought a ps3 for this purpose and a external HD to hold all of this and it isn't working out quite as good as I wanted it to: first it doesn't sort the tracks properly even tho its all id3 tagged, and 2nd, it takes awhile to load even 1000 albums..I may just have to return this new toy soon. I'm not sure how different the xbox 360 would be, but it's definitely something to look into.

Anyone familiar with the xbox 360 and its way of handling mp3s? Or just any other suggestions at all, I'm totally stuck lol

Comment

• CRIMSON PEARL
                              • Mar 2008

I only have about 300 cd's. I used to use megachangers. I just bought two 200 gig portable hard drives. One for storage and use, the other for backup (under $100 ea). I have a Yamaha RX-V2700 reciever that the stand alone hard drive plugs directly into with the usb and is cabable of playing mp3 or wav files with an on screen display. I just started loading my discs into the drive with the wav format.

You could buy a one terabyte drive for a couple of hundred bucks and a reciever to connect it to for well under $1000.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Jan 2006

A lot of the new Denon's play FLAC as well.

Comment

• iiaudio
                                  • Feb 2008

How about a Squeezebox?? www.slimdevices.com

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"