X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Music4Life
    • May 2006

MF A5 a good upgrade???

I'm currently using Audio Analogue Primo Settanta (entry level) to drive my floorstand speakers. If I upgrade it to A5, will I hear a significant difference in terms of sound quality. What significant difference will I notice? In what areas?
  • Yasvanth
    • Jun 2006

Hello Music4Life,

Best thing to do is, to ask the Club Musical Fidelity gang. They should be able to advise you whether moving up to the MF A5 Integrated amp is worthwile aproach.

Yas

Comment

• Alaric
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Jan 2006

"Significant" opens a big 'ole can 'O worms. You are about 400 posts shy (if they are all descriptive of your equipment and desires) of usable advice on sound quality. What are you looking for? What do you have ? What does it sound like in your listening area? You have asked a question that has no answer-but stick around and ask/contribute from your experience and you'll eventually get answers to questions you didn't know you should ask . My $.02
      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
      Schiit Modi 3
      Marantz CD5005
      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Yasvanth
        • Jun 2006

Hello Lee,

Well after upgrading from the Arcam A85+P85 to the MF A5cr Pre&Pwr the music has become a bit more boomy especially with R'n'B music. I did change the interconnects to Nordost Red Dawn and that did tighten up the sound a bit.But I feel it's the slightly fuller sound of the amps that is causing the problem or me using a midrange cd player , in this case the Arcam CD72T or my speakers.

Your advice would be useful

Thanks
        Yas

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"