X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Glen
    • Dec 2003

Power conditioning suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions on what power conditioners you would suggest.

I'm using 2 Richard Gray Pro400's right now, but would like to add something to the mix.

I've read up on the units from Exact Power and Equi Tech, but would like your feedback on what you've tried.

What's good, what's not, what to watch out for..................

Thanks...........
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

I wouldn't add anything to what you already have. I had Equi Tech and it caused a buzz in my system. I also use 2 Richard Gray 400's hooked up together. I notice no improvement in sound but, at least there is real science in the Richard Gray flywheels.
    I bought a used "industrial grade" 5 KVA isolation transformer from a local electrical shop. That combined with separating the circuits used for the amps from the rest of my equipment did make a difference. Tighter bass but, subtle. Allows me to sleep better at night knowing made the effort. But, don't expect profound results, more along the line of ICs or Power Cords.

Comment

• zmanbands
      • May 2007

Hammond Chokes [Filter]

Connect the leads on 2 Hammond 193M chokes together. [Good price at tubesandmore]. Add an industrial grade a/c plug to the combined leads and plug into your power conditioner. Don't use a ground wire. Just hot and neutral. I would check with Alan Maher first to be sure there is no conflict with your particular PLC. Stunning tweek for about $113 including the plug.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"