X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjahshik32
    • Sep 2007

Anyone tried out Yamaha - 7.1-Ch. 735-Watt A/V Home Theater Receiver

I'm just curious to all the people who tried or owned or heard about Yamaha - 7.1-Ch. 735-Watt A/V Home Theater Receiver. I'm thinking about picking this up at my nearby best buy and for $909 you guys think its future proof enough and work well with a ps3 and xbox 360??
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

.... Which model is that? RX-VXXX?

Comment

• jjahshik32
      • Sep 2007

oops sorry, RX-V861BL
      also any know if harman kardon are good with sony bravias?? especially for video.

Comment

• M3-SRT8
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jjahshik32
        oops sorry, RX-V861BL
        also any know if harman kardon are good with sony bravias?? especially for video.
        Nope. If you're going Yamaha (and, I own one, have owned Yamaha for Years), get the new RX-V1800. For a rew hundred more, you get the latest HDMI 1.3a, the better Scaler, and the new yamaha Adaptive DRC and Adaptive DSP, two of the most significant AV circuits to come down the pike in a very long time.

Read up on it, and buy the V1800.

LJB 8)

Comment

• jjahshik32
          • Sep 2007

hmm. my local best buy has a price on it and saids coming soon... but other than that, so far i'm loving the v861. I guess its me coming from an aged old rotel amp that this sounds godly to me. But thanks for the heads up, i'm going to keep this model for some time =D hdmi 1.3a isnt a huge deal to me, I have a sony bravia xbr4 that has 1.3 hdmi and I usually connect it straight to the sony. Just need this to hook up using optics.

Comment

• littlesaint
            • Jul 2007

I have a v661 and couldn't be happier. The v1800 is nice spec wise, but I don't need HDMI 1.3 for my sources (XA2, Oppo 980, PS3, Xbox 360). Don't particularly care for DSPs other than maybe DPLIIx if I had 7.1. I also think scaling is best left to source, display, or a dedicated scaler. Too many scalers (without true pass-through) in the mix over process the signal.
            Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• twitch54
              • Apr 2006

Hi there shashiki, aren't you the same one who just started this thread ????

Why jump all over the map, it appears you don't have any idea what your'e after ??? is it a receiver or amplifier your after ????
              Dave

Comment

• jjahshik32
                • Sep 2007

yea I started that thread but realized I had my eye on the v861 and I already purchased and am currently happy with it.

Comment

• jjahshik32
                  • Sep 2007

Best buy dropped the price on the yamaha v861 from $909 + tax to $749 + tax, I went back to best buy and got my $173 Ca$h refund! Now I have no buyers remorse whatsoever!! =D Great receiver for Great price!!

Comment

• M3-SRT8
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by jjahshik32
                    Best buy dropped the price on the yamaha v861 from $909 + tax to $749 + tax, I went back to best buy and got my $173 Ca$h refund! Now I have no buyers remorse whatsoever!! =D Great receiver for Great price!!
                    Good deal.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"