X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitjv
    • Dec 2007

Your Feedback on New System

After a few months of research & auditioning, I have identified a 2-channel system that seems to have the synergy that appeals to my jazz-listening tastes. Aside from the subjectivity of individual listening preferences, I would really appreciate your comments on anything that I might not have considered when I decided on the separates below. Since I have not opened my wallet yet, I want to be assured that I made the correct choice. Thank you.

Cambridge Audio 840c CDP
    Rogue Perseus Preamp
    Rotel RB-1080 power amp
    Paradigm Studio 100 v.4 speakers
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

Looks (sounds) really good.

Match those up with some SilverCat cables inbetween your pre & amp and thank me later!
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

A very nice rig. I'm a big fan of CA and Paradigm (not my current speakers but likely my next set).

Comment

• Crimson
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Looks like a great system. The tubed pre and SS amp combo are a nice touch. I've only heard the Perseus from your list, but the rest of the equipment has a great reputation. That said, your gear has a total MSRP of about $7k (not counting cables and wire), and that opens up your options immensely. If you haven't already, I'd recommend looking for dealers that can assemble different setups for you within your budget and then, with your favorite discs in hand, let your ears decide.

Good luck!
        Q.

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

IMHO, that should be a great system!
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• NMG
            • Oct 2004

Indeed that would be a very nice system. My only piece of advice would be to make sure that you listen to lots of stuff (especially speakers) and make sure you have the ones you want. With the type of gear you are looking at, your system should be with you for a great deal of time. Don't rush into the decision.

Good luck!

Comment

• zmanbands
              • May 2007

Nice system.

I agree with Pewter on the Cat Silver cables. Consider the silver King cats as well for a few more bucks.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"