X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpvnnvpj
    • Jun 2007

Cd Player Noise Help

Hi ihave a sony dvp s9000es a have it from new and it youst estarted puting noise in my sistem. i chaged power cables and diconected the rca cables but everytime i plug it in noise estarts. i conected it to the wall, richard grey 400 pro and wit monster cable conditioner and nothing.

thanks for any help
  • engr_dave
    • Dec 2005

Is the noise present in the audio outputs or the digital output or both? Is it with all discs? Does it happen with CD's, DVD's, SACD's?

If you are using analog connections, try engaging the "audio direct out" (button on far right side of front panel) which shuts down all video processing and unnecessary audio digital processing.

It is not likely coming from the power line or power cord. Interconnects, maybe. Have you tried different interconnects?

Comment

• jpvnnvpj
      • Jun 2007

Thanks for the response i have tryed difrent interconects power cables factory and jena labs it does it with or without disc on or off it only goes away wen you disconect power cable or rca. i even tryed other analog inputs on my rotel . i conected my oppo via analog and i does a difrent lower volume nois coudit be the reciver.

Comment

• engr_dave
        • Dec 2005

only goes away wen you disconect power cable or rca
        Almost sounds like a ground loop problem. Does it sound like a 60Hz hum or buzz?

This often occurs when two interconnected components are at different ground potential. Do you have the CD player and the rest of the system plugged into the same outlet? You might try one of those ground-break "cheater plugs". Or try connecting the Sony using optical (Toslink) instead of RCAs

Comment

• jpvnnvpj
          • Jun 2007

i hucked it up at difrent plases but same circuit i have a richard grey 400 pro and monste cable 2600mk.

Comment

• zmanbands
            • May 2007

Can you try a different receiver.

Since you have a noise problem with your oppo as well, the receiver could be the problem. Can you try a different one.

Comment

• jpvnnvpj
              • Jun 2007

Playing with the sistem noticed when i disconect the cable box coaxil noise goes away. passed it thru the mc 2600 and the noise almost went completli away.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"