X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cobbpa
    • Apr 2005

What did I find today?

I went to the local high-end AV store today. I'd only been once before, this time was with my girlfriend, killing some time, checking out new room setups. As I walked into the last room, I died, went to heaven, and saw speakers. I had absolutely no idea, but apparently, Audio Etc. of Dayton Ohio is one of the limited few Mcintosh platinum premier dealers, so they had the XRT2K speakers hooked up to 6...SIX...MC2KW amplifiers & the top of the line transport/tube pre-amp/DAC pieces. I only had time to listen to a couple of songs, and I haven't really had much experience auditioning high-end systems...but hands down, best sound to ever meet these ears. ;x( My girlfriend has learned to appreciate audio some while being with me but doesn't usually comment much. She even noted (without me prompting!) that she could tell where each instrument and person was standing, that it felt like we were there, that everything was just right. It sounded sooo good.
    I know, it's an out of this world price tag, but I thought I'd share my experience and great surprise!
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

cobbpa, your timing is incredible. I live on the northern side of Cincinnati, and I just stopped in there Friday evening to check it out. Was on my way to something else, so I only had a few minutes to look around. Didn't get to listen to anything yet, but checked out all of the nicely-finished demo rooms they have there. Can't believe I've never been in there before! Need to definitely go back and do some listening one of these days.
    Brad

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"