Greek audiophiles. I think you'll enjoy it :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisssB
    • Feb 2006

Greek audiophiles. I think you'll enjoy it :-)

• 8thDwarf
    • Feb 2005

Can anyone ID the bass (upright or guitar?) track right after "Hey Big Spender"?
    My head tells me it's from a Pat Metheny Group album but if so which one?

Comment

• skaloumbakas
      • Jan 2007

Mystery solved...

Originally posted by 8thDwarf
      Can anyone ID the bass (upright or guitar?) track right after "Hey Big Spender"?
      My head tells me it's from a Pat Metheny Group album but if so which one?
      Dear friends, here is the answer for the missing - unknown track in the film.

http://aca.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7503#7503 (you can download it too...)

Better late than never...

BTW, thank you so much for your interest to our little film! :T

Comment

• crackyflipside
        • Nov 2006

Please tell me you got those audophile loonies who can spend thousand upon thousands of dollars on the strangest tweaks and accessories, I love those!

Love the video :T
        -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• 8thDwarf
          • Feb 2005

skaloumbakas, thankyou, that music has been playing in my head since.
          Certain I had it in my collection.Now I can dig through my ECM or Jazziz samplers. It sounds so familier...just where to start looking is daunting when a music collection grows so large.
          Thanks for the mp3 link too!

Comment

• Briz vegas
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Just wanted to bring this one back to the top. Recently got broadband so I got to enjoy this for the first time. Nice to see people who are far more obsessive than I am.

One thing I notice is that like nerds everywhere they have a sense of humour about their obsession - after all its all about enjoying your gear.

Does anyone else out there click a zap gun on their lps to get rid of static. It just looks so lame and ineffective.
            Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
            Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• 8thDwarf
              • Feb 2005

Do not jerk the trigger...

you have to squeeze slowly while exhaling :T

Seriously,those zerostat pistols work if used properly and with patience.

Comment

• Joey_V
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by skaloumbakas
                Dear friends, here is the answer for the missing - unknown track in the film.

http://aca.gr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7503#7503 (you can download it too...)

Better late than never...

BTW, thank you so much for your interest to our little film! :T

Christos,

Hello there! I enjoyed the video very much! I was hoping there would be more videos about your club so I'm always on the lookout for a new one. Your video has traveled almost all the audio forums I frequent... good job getting the word of audiophilia out!

One day, maybe I can visit your group.

Joey
                Analog: VPI Scoutmaster w/ Steel Delrin clamp + Dynavector 20XH cart
                Digital: SB3 + PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
                System: Cary Audio SLP-98P Tube Preamplifier w/ Sylvanias -> Plinius SA102 Class A amplifier -> Martin Logan SUMMITS/Strata Minis -> 8O (me)

Comment

• Gregm
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                  Does anyone else out there click a zap gun on their lps to get rid of static. It just looks so lame and ineffective.
                  Yup -- I do. It's a good way of reducing dust the albums' collection qualities.
                  Only sick music makes money today; our big theatres subsist on Wagner! (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

• Briz vegas
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Mar 2005

I like to wave the magnet puck on my Naim CD player clockwise three times over the CD before playing it. It doesn't do a darn thing - I just like doing it. :-)

One of the reasons I was so happy to get my first CD player back in '87 was that I got to leave behind all the dust and static that went along with LPs. I also had a Rotel turntable the refused to play at 33 1/3, it was more like 34,but that is another story. Hey, if it cuts down on the static then the gun has to be the go. You do half expect the record to burst into flames though.........might need a little help from some CGI however.
                    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• skaloumbakas
                      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Joey_V
                      Christos,

Hello there! I enjoyed the video very much! I was hoping there would be more videos about your club so I'm always on the lookout for a new one. Your video has traveled almost all the audio forums I frequent... good job getting the word of audiophilia out!

One day, maybe I can visit your group.

Joey
                      We are preparing another one (it was recorded earlier than this one and it from a visit we have made...)

No more... Stay tuned... :W

Comment

• crackyflipside
                        • Nov 2006

LOL I just rewatched it... when the wife says "Yes, he is obsessed" then she makes this face... :rofl:
                        -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"