X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Music4Life
    • May 2006

B&W 805S or Dynaudio C1

I thinking of buying either of the two. Any intelligent comments from you guys about the two speakers?
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

805s is very nice, Dynaudio C1 is probably also very nice

Oh, you said intelligent comments..........sorry about that. Must be the silly season!

Merry Christmas
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• clewlor
      • Dec 2006

Opinions vary, but I would choose the C1 in a heartbeat. I have listened to both and the C1 is one of those listening experiences I remember from almost 3 years ago. And I say this but know that I am also a big fan of B&W speakers. I just thought the C1 was outstanding and one of the best speakers I have ever heard - incredible detail.

Comment

• luvdozer
        • Apr 2007

This thread is 4 months old, so I assume that the choide has been made already, but I will add my 1.5 cents.

I own a pair of older B&W bookshelfs and absolutely adore them. I live in Boston, MA and am lucky enough to have several high end retailers in the area that allow me to come in and drool over expensive equipment from time to time.

For a while, I was planning on replacing my main system set up with a B&W 700 series 5 speaker system. I compared these speakers to competing products from PSB and other companies. The one thing I love about these speakers is the imaging. I have never heard another speaker at that price point that had the precise imaging of the 703s. I have heard others talk about B&Ws generally being too bright, but I have the feeling that I prefer it that way.

Then about a year and a half ago, I sat down and listened to a pair of Dynaudio Countour 3.4. I didnt have my usual CDs with me so it wasnt a straight comparison; but these speakers were just exquisite. I was simply enraptured by their sound as I sat in the listening room for nearly half an hour. Not only was the imaging nearly perfect, but it remained excellent even when i went way off axis. For me, this is a must because I dont live in a large house and I need speakers that can sound very good even to people who are not sitting near the sweet spot.

I know that both of these model ranges are actually one step down from the models that you are asking about. I have briefly listened to 805s and the confidence series, but they are both way out of my price range, so I wasnt listening too critically. Both sets sounded superb.

If I had to choose between the countour and 703, I would probably go with the countours. I was enthralled by them within 5 minutes. However, if my girlfriend bought me the 700 series 5 speaker set up for my birthday (baby are reading this) I have to say that I would be ecstatic and wouldnt feel the least bit of disappointment

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"