X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • See-Fu
    • Oct 2006

Classe CA 5200 or Krell TAS/HTS

I've been able to track down a demo for each of the two amps. Both are the same price so Ii'll be considering both. What differences can I expect from the amps in terms of sound output? Also in your own personal opinion which amp would you buy?
  • Jeff
    • Dec 2004

Well, in a little while members will be asking you the same question. You're in a better position than most of us to demo and eventually answer that question.

Both amps will sound quite different. Krell is known to have a certain shrill factor that many don't like. Classe, by comparison will have a less sharp higher end. Krell will rock the house on the low end. Few amps will hit you in the chest like Krell .

Much will depend on your speakers, cd player, etc and how well they complement your other components.

Jeff

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

I'd buy the Classe due to the factors mentioned above. It does matter more than anything what you think however.

Comment

• DL86
        • Sep 2005

Gotta say listend to a krell 400-xi sounded quite shrill. The bass did hit me in the chest but not in a good way, was way overblown and boxy possibly due to the speaker(virgo-III)?

Comment

• RobP
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

We have several owners of Classe products down in Club Classe that can tell you what their systems sound like, but, myself I wouldn't actually want to know what to expect, because then when you go to the audition you may find yourself just looking for the things that were described to you . I would go in listening with no pre-conceived notions, that way you can decide with a clear head and ear.
          Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"