X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

Krell TAS or the Classe 5200???

Krell TAS or the Classe 5200???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
    A friend of mine is contimplating to buy a Krell Tas 5x200W amp, or the Classe 5200 also 5x200W.

Which is in your opinion a better amp, knowing that both are the same price( NEW of Course ), He is 50% music and 50% HT, so they both have to sound good ,or let us put it this way ,awsome in Music and HT?? For 5 channel music, Multichannel SACD and DVD-A and ByPass Stereo in Music, and full Multichannel In Video HT!!!!

He is driving B&W 803s for front with 804s for rear and HTM 1 for Center and 2 ASW 855 subs.

Could you help this dear friend of mine, He is desperate and knows I am a member of this forum so here goes??? ;x(

Thanks guys!!

God Bless!!!
  • chinets
    • Jun 2005

No bites???

Are you guys all shy out there or soooo Classe one minded???

Inquiry minds really NEED to know?

Have a nice day!!

Comment

• skuzzyb
      • Mar 2006

Here is a review done for the CA5200. Now, I would be biased as I am a big Classe fan due to the more natural sound (IMO) that is derived. It is a big, yet warm sound. Not as forward or as much bass as the Krells, or better to say the bass does not seem as evident. I like the broad, wide soundstage of the Classe and it is very fast and articulate. Extremely detailed and reminds me a bit of an analogue sound, brings me back to the Audio Research gear without tubes (Still prefer Audio Research but a stretch for my budget). The Krells have always seemed a bit bright to me, but to each his own. Oh, here is the review I mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"