X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bleeding ears
    • Nov 2004

Audio test discs ?

Hi guys, not sure if I have posted this in the best place or not but here goes.

I recently auditioned a Velodyne sub and the salesperson told me he uses his own test disc that he downloaded and burnt himself.

It was great and I am now looking for something similar myself with lots of test tones.

Does anyone know of any sites where I can download one of these kind of discs?

Lastly should I not be able to download an audio test disc, which one or ones are the best to buy?

thanks Pete
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

Hi Pete,

I have the Stereophile Test CD #3 now and have found it very useful.

I also have the XLO Test & Burn-In CD, again very useful - I still pop it on every couple of months to make sure all is well with the world.

Both are available online. I don't know of any downloadable disk image, sorry.

Hope this helps.
    Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2006

Depends on what you mean by 'test disc.' Many people mean what I would call a demo disc which includes tracks that will impress you with the sub's sound. For true tests, you can look at www.rivesaudio.com or www.realtraps.com and download their test tones to be used with a signal level meter, like the Radio Shack. That, of course, is the minimal and there's lots more.

Kal
      Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 23 November 2006, 11:40 Thursday.
      Kal Rubinson

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Pentatone offers an SACD sampler with useful test tones to optimize SACD playback, if that is a feature you have/want. Also, DVE has some test tones that I've used to set up my movie playback. Someday I will have gear that remembers settings for individual inputs (assuming such a thing exists).

Comment

• bleeding ears
          • Nov 2004

Thanks guys, I am currently checking out those sites and discs. :T

Kal the link you provided for Rives was incorrect, for those interested I located the correct site below.

Very interesting stuff, I am learning lots, but have a long way to go in this game.

Anyone else know any good downloadable test and or demo discs ?

Pete

Comment

• Angioguy
            • Nov 2005

Test Disc

Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but there is a cd called, "The Digital Domain," which has numerous speaker tests and test tones, ie) a 1 kHz square wave test tone, etc.

Hope this helps.
            B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."

Comment

• Kal Rubinson
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bleeding ears
              Kal the link you provided for Rives was incorrect, for those interested I located the correct site below.
              Yup. I corrected it.

Kal
              Kal Rubinson

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"