X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arneson
    • Jan 2006

New IC chips

Like to keep half an eye out for new chips.

Many years ago I designed sound systems, commercial PA stuff for IBM Armonk and Gen. Foods type companies.
    At that time I kept a subscribtion to the IC Master and knew the analog and
    digital volumes pretty well. So I still can't help but be amazed when new more powerfull circuits are produced.
    FYI just stuck this here for the heck of it. May have some interest.
    Jim
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

Definitely good news, especially with flood of new format processor coming out next year(with HDMI 1.3).

I am more concerned on how they get around with the class D + PWM issue with analog as PWM requires digital signal feed into the system to achieve the best quality.
    If they do not have a solution for analog signal to reproduce same quality, DAC/decent player would be banished(which is unlikely) or the PWM itself.

Not a big tree hugger here but would happy to see a system takes less energy to power up(thus less energy wasted as heat!)
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"