X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

Rainy wkend ahead / need sub hookup advice

Since this weekend looks like a wash out I want to experiment with my SVS sub. I only have it hooked up doing HT duty. I want to try it in 2 channel mode. How do I hook it up? My receiver is a NAD T773 using sub-out. My 2 channel system is a CJ tube preamp, AVA amp, Consonance CD120 player, & AAD 2001 monitors. Can I do both together or do I need to keep the hookups separate? I never considered the sub for 2 channel but this is a perfect weekend to see if I like it. Thanks
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Heh, you too huh
    B&W

Comment

• whoaru99
      • Jul 2004

Without some type of switching mechanism, I think you'll have to keep the connections separate.

The hookup mostly depend on what connections you have available on the sub and the preamp.

I'd connect like this for starters...

CJ pre line outs > SVS sub line ins > SVS sub line outs > AVA amp inputs > AVA amp outputs > AAD speakers.

Then set SVS sub X-over to "enable" and adjust the x-over/phase/level controls to blend with the AADs as you see fit. This is all assuming the SVS has the built-in amp with the aforementioned connections.

The SVS sub X-over will high pass to the AVA amp so that the x-over control will set the transition between the AADs and the SVS sub. It actually results in a "true" bi-amped system where the AVA amp does not have to reproduce the voltage waveform containing bass information below the x-over point (slope notwithstanding).
      There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"