X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Okay, so it's not really a "music DVD", but I'm currently listening to Dire Straits: Brothers in Arms 20th anniversary AGAIN. DVD-A, played with the latest Cyberlink DVD program with DVD-A decoding. MLP, played through my Soundblaster Audigy 2 notebook cars and Etymotic ER4-P earphones.

Doesn't get much better than this for audio, considering I'm isolated halfway around the world on the border of the 3rd world.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
      Super Senior Member
      • May 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
      I'm isolated halfway around the world on the border of the 3rd world.
      Are you allowed to tell us where you are?
      Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 23:08 Tuesday.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Sure... I'm currently at Incirlik AB in southern central Turkey, and spent a bunch of time near Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. (the capital city) After 4 months, I'm finally coming home next week! :banana: :dancenana:

To add to the topic, today I'm watching U2's Vertigo DVD, Live from Chicago. Not the best U2 DVD, but definitely a good one.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

In that case we forgive you for enjoying Vertigo!

I've only seen it once but it had the same effect on me as recent Rolling Stones DVDs. It's hard to explain; it's a lack of authenticity that many famous musicians and bands get after many years. They lose their mojo. I can change my mind though. I went off Paul McCartney after watching his "Back in the US" DVD but all has been forgiven since he released his "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard" CD, which I think is stunning. I guess I'm waiting for U2 to amaze me in the same way.

Have a safe trip home.

Comment

• fordster
            • Feb 2005

I bought the Coldplay Live 2003 (yeah I know I'm a bit late but it was a bargain price so I thought why not) this weekend. Excellent sound quality and a great atmosphere. It also comes with a CD of the concert.
            Dave

Comment

• chinets
              • Jun 2005

Chris D,
              In other words you must be working for the Airforce or Army??
              Turkey is a stunning place and NOT border 3rd world at all IMHO!! I loved Turkey, great place and very exotic, In a nice sophisticated way!!! I am sure you enjoyed it too??
              Have a safe trip home!!
              DVD-Nite tonight: Pat Methany In concert!!
              Last edited by Chris D; 02 February 2007, 23:53 Friday.

Comment

• Boombox
                • Oct 2005

Just watched "Overtime" - Lee Ritenour.....I must for any jazz enthusiast!!!

This is now my new "reference"/"demo" DVD...

Fantastic array of tracks and an awesome array of guest appearances and the inserted commentary is just right; Great DVD.
                Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• ShadowZA
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Boombox
                  Just watched "Overtime" - Lee Ritenour.....I must for any jazz enthusiast!!!

This is now my new "reference"/"demo" DVD...

Fantastic array of tracks and an awesome array of guest appearances and the inserted commentary is just right; Great DVD.
                  That dvd must be awesome :T I have the "Overtime" cd and it is certainly reference quality. I'll have to get the dvd now.

Comment

• chinets
                    • Jun 2005

Boombox or ShadowZA,
                    Where can you order "Overtime"-Lee Ritenour, if you live abroad?
                    Would Amazon.com stock this DVD??
                    Is the "Overtime" CD an SACD or just normal CD? Who makes this CD? Telearc or LINN??
                    Thanks in advance fro your help!!
                    Cheers!

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

(yeah, not that Turkey is borderline 3rd world, but some of the countries it borders are, or at least the places I'm flying to every day FROM here)
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• ShadowZA
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by chinets
                        Boombox or ShadowZA,
                        Where can you order "Overtime"-Lee Ritenour, if you live abroad?
                        Would Amazon.com stock this DVD??
                        Is the "Overtime" CD an SACD or just normal CD? Who makes this CD? Telearc or LINN??
                        Thanks in advance fro your help!!
                        Cheers!
                        chinets, I have the redbook cd. Have not checked up on on-line sources ... I bought mine at a local music store.
                        Here are some details from my cd sleeve:

Produced by: i.e. Music - Peak Records (2005)
                        Reference: PKD-8531-2
                        peakrecords.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, peakrecords.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Marketed, distributed & manufactured by Concord Music Group Inc.

Also available on DVD from Eagle Rock Entertainment (EE39095-9). www.eaglerockent.com

Here's the Amazon page:

For the cd: http://www.amazon.com/Overtime-Lee-R...e=UTF8&s=music

For the dvd: http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Ritenour-O...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Good luck

Comment

• chinets
                          • Jun 2005

ShadowZA,
                          Wow Speedy Gonzales!! I am impressed that you got all this info in a few minutes!!WOW I am deeply impressed!!
                          Thanks for this valuable Info. I'll be ordering tonight. Thanks!!!
                          You are a kind and generous person!!
                          God Bless you and the family!!
                          Sorry for the trouble and bother!! I am extremely grateful.
                          Best and warmest regards,
                          Chinets

Comment

• chinets
                            • Jun 2005

Well then Chris D have a safe trip back home. No flying over Iraq, or Afghanistan so stay safe!!!
                            Buckle up and hope you have a safe trip!!
                            Good Luck,
                            Cheers!
                            Last edited by Chris D; 02 February 2007, 23:52 Friday.

Comment

• ShadowZA
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Jan 2006

ShadowZA,
                              Wow Speedy Gonzales!! I am impressed that you got all this info in a few minutes!!WOW I am deeply impressed!!
                              Thanks for this valuable Info. I'll be ordering tonight. Thanks!!!
                              You are a kind and generous person!!
                              God Bless you and the family!!
                              Sorry for the trouble and bother!! I am extremely grateful.
                              Best and warmest regards,
                              Chinets
                              A pleasure, chinets!
                              Hope that all goes well with your order. :T
                              When you get it, there's a track called "Night Rhythms". Some awesome guitar work by Lee Rit using a Yamaha Silent Guitar there.
                              Hope you enjoy

Comment

• Boombox
                                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by ShadowZA
                                A pleasure, chinets!
                                Hope that all goes well with your order. :T
                                When you get it, there's a track called "Night Rhythms". Some awesome guitar work by Lee Rit using a Yamaha Silent Guitar there.
                                Hope you enjoy
                                Shadow...
                                You should see "night rhythms" on the DVD (chinets first listen to the cd and then watch the DVD); incredible....goosebumps, goosebumps...I also have the CD for almost a year now and stopped short of buying the DVD everytime......its money WELL spent....

I got the DVD from CD Select in Tygervalley....as usual, pretty expensive R245; but that feeling dissipated quite quickly. :T

Chinets, you won't be disappointed...!!
                                Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• ShadowZA
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Boombox
                                  I got the DVD from CD Select in Tygervalley....as usual, pretty expensive R245; but that feeling dissipated quite quickly. :T
                                  Thanks, Boombox
                                  I've purchased quite a few of my jazz collection pieces from them. I'll give them a buzz & check their stocks.
                                  Thanks again, man. :T

Comment

• chinets
                                    • Jun 2005

Shadowza...Thanks!!!

Shadowza,

Thanks for you help and assistance.!

Watched SADE Live In Concert Last night, " SMOOTH OPERATOR !!!!" On your behalf!! 8)

Man, You are a "smooth operator" !! :T

Will let you know when I get this CD, as I have never heard of it before!!!

Ciao, and Thanks again amigo!!

Cheers!! ;x(

Comment

• chinets
                                      • Jun 2005

Boombox: Now I have to get the DVD too..Thanks!!

Boombox,

WOW, You got me hooked!! Now I am deinetely going to order the DVD too!! :T

I love Jazz, so I am sure I will Love the CD and DVD, and I will listen to the CD first!!!! :W PROMISE!!!!

Thanks for your kind encouragement!!! I am sure I will NOT be disappointed , especially when it comes recommended by 2 experts In Jazz like ( You and Shadowza) !!!!! ;x(

Will keep you posted when I receive the CD and DVD!!!! Can't wait!!! :roll:

Thanks guys,

Have a nice one.............. :T

Cheers

Comment

• bigburner
                                        Super Senior Member
                                        • May 2005

"No Quarter" by Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded.

Jimmy Page (guitar) and Robert Plant (vocals) are from the 60's / 70's band Led Zeppelin. In 1995 they went to Morocco to record music with local musicians. This DVD is the output of that visit.

What an interesting DVD! Led Zeppelin with North African rhythms. The 10 minute version of "Kashmir" (Northern India coincidentally) is just magnificent.

My wife is away for the weekend so this evening I am off to a friend's place for a music DVD evening. My friend has a large and interesting collection so I am really looking forward to it.

Nigel.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

• riceaterslc
                                          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Slice
                                          1. Concert For George - (Eric Clapton). I use this as a system demo. Fantastic production job, everybody on stage having too much fun, audience enthralled, Billy Preston on "My Sweet Lord", very emotional at times.
                                          good stuff :T
                                          chris

Comment

• bigburner
                                            Super Senior Member
                                            • May 2005

I watched four DVDs at a friend's place on Friday evening and three of them were excellent. The wives were away for the weekend so three of us – all hardcore music DVD fans – were able to get a solid night of music in.

First up was John Hiatt – "Full House", recorded in a German club in 1987. This is a truly exceptional concert, and rivals The Derek Trucks Band performance that I mentioned recently as a contender for my favourite DVD of 2006. If you've heard of John Hiatt and wondered whether you should buy his music then this DVD would be an excellent choice. It’s far better than my DVD of him in Austin Texas. Hiatt is the complete package (vocals, guitar, presence) and he was at the peak of his career in 1987. I came away wondering whether I'd just witnessed his best ever performance. It was that sort of concert. His band is excellent and is as tight as a sparrow's arse. It features the brilliant Sonny Landreth on guitar. You have to watch a lot of DVDs before you find a treat like this one. SQ and PQ are both very good.

My heart sank when the next DVD came out – a Rolling Stones one. If I have to watch Mick Jagger doing "Jumping Jack Flash" again I'm going to slit my wrists. My friend knows this so I was wondering why he wanted to punish me. Well I have to confess that I quite enjoyed it. The DVD was a bootleg of the concert in Rio (2006), recorded from a TV broadcast of the concert which was attended by about one million people. SQ and PQ were pretty ordinary, but the Stones put in a huge performance lead by Mick who is more athletic than most men half his age. The highlight of the concert was Keith Richards telling the crowd “It’s great to be here. In fact it’s great to be anywhere”. Very profound.

Third up was Gary Moore & Friends – “One Night In Dublin: A Tribute To Phil Lynott”, recorded in 2005. The concert was a tribute to ex-Thin Lizzy member Phil Lynott on what would have been his 56th birthday. Gary Moore is joined by ex-Thin Lizzy guitarists Brian Robertson and Scott Gorham for a night of heavy rock. I like heavy rock when it’s done properly, and this band is the real McCoy. SQ and PQ are both very good.

Last up was Rory Gallagher – “Live at Montreux/The Definitive Collection”, which covers Rory’s five performances at the Montreux Festival in 1975, 1977, 1979, 1985, and 1994. Rory is a legendary Irish guitarist who died in 1995 from alcohol abuse at the age of 47. This is a double DVD and is absolutely excellent. The only other DVD of Rory Gallagher is “Irish Tour 1974” which is very ordinary, so this DVD is an automatic selection for anyone who loves Rory’s music. We only watched Disc 1 because it was getting pretty late by then and the neighbours needed a break. My favourite Rory Gallagher song is “A Million Miles Away”, and his best version of this song is from the Irish Tour, however the Montreux version is very passionate too. This DVD was another real treat. SQ and PQ are good, even the early recordings. That’s the beauty of performing at Montreux, which was always run by real pros.

I got home at about 2am and was so fired up by the music I had heard that I couldn’t get to sleep until about 4am. That’s the power of great music.
                                            Attached Files

Comment

• Jim85IROC
                                              • Jan 2005

For you Clapton fans (and any guitar fan for that matter), make sure you pick up Eric Clapton's Crossroads DVD concert. It's got a vast array of guitarists including Muddy Waters, BB King, Jimmie Vaughn, ZZ Top, John Mayer, Joe Walsh, Vince Gill, Dan Tyminski and a ton of others.

The performances are timeless, and the recording is generally very good. On some tracks the drums seem to be poorly mic'd, but if you're listening to the guitars, you'll never notice.

Comment

• chinets
                                                • Jun 2005

Yup, I have That Clapton DVD and I found the recordings Fantastic. If you like the recording on that Clapton Crossroads DVD, I would suggest the 2005 LIVE AID concert also as good as the clapton DVD, and the drums and guitars are well mic'd on this one!!!

Comment

• bigburner
                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                  • May 2005

"Desperate Man Blues"

Last night I watched this fascinating documentary about Joe Bussard who is a 60-something man who has made it his life’s work to collect 78rpm blues and bluegrass records, mainly from the 1920's and 1930's. For the last 47 years Joe has scoured the southern states of America looking for records to add to his collection.

My music collection comprises about 400 CDs, 120 DVDs, 70 LPs and 5000 MP3s. How pathetic! Joe has about 25,000 records in his basement, and they’re all quality ones too. From that same basement Joe also runs a small radio station. If you love music then living close to Joe would give you access to some of the rarest recordings on the planet.

In the documentary Joe plays a selection of his favourite songs from his collection. Joe is an eccentric man. One of the highlights for me was Joe’s claim that “rock and roll is a cancer on music”. I don’t agree but I wouldn’t argue with him. Joe’s knowledge is as deep as the ocean. In comparison my knowledge is as deep as a puddle.
                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• bigburner
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Jim85IROC
                                                    For you Clapton fans (and any guitar fan for that matter), make sure you pick up Eric Clapton's Crossroads DVD concert. It's got a vast array of guitarists including Muddy Waters, BB King, Jimmie Vaughn, ZZ Top, John Mayer, Joe Walsh, Vince Gill, Dan Tyminski and a ton of others.
                                                    I agree, this is a top DVD with some great performances, but I think you'll find that Muddy Waters died about 20 years ago! You might be thinking of Buddy Guy.

Comment

• Jeff
                                                      • Dec 2004

Muddy water did appear on The Last Waltz which was the last concert by The Band. Awsome, awsome concert. It's a concert with multiple artists. All do a very good job. Much better than one would expect consider many were wasted. I understand, back stage there were enough drugs and booze for everone, plus a couple more

Jeff

Comment

• bigburner
                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                        • May 2005

Béla Fleck & the Flecktones - "Live at the Quick"

This DVD is on the edge of my comfort zone. I struggle to describe the genre - jazz / bluegrass /experimental - in fact it doesn't fit into any genre at all (which highlights how stupid it is to place music into genres). All I can tell you is that it's very interesting music played on a wide range of musical instruments by a bunch of very good musicians.

So if you're tired of all the regular stuff and you want to walk on the wildside for an hour or two then Béla Fleck and his band are just the ticket.
                                                        Attached Files

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                          • Mar 2005

Some DVDs for 80s or 90s alternative/hippy types

For those that enjoy something on the acoustic end of the alternative music spectrum I can recommend The Go-Betweens "that striped sunlight sound". To me the Go-betweens represent my city and era more than any other band. The DVD includes a gig at one of Brisbane's remaining iconic venues plus an extended acoustic set recorded one sunday "arvo" in the front room of a Queenslander. Can't get much more Brisbane than that!

For those who prefer a more American flavour I can also recommend Ani Defranco's "Trust" which also remains on high rotation on my DVD player.
                                                          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
                                                          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• bigburner
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • May 2005

Originally posted by Briz vegas
                                                            For those that enjoy something on the acoustic end of the alternative music spectrum I can recommend The Go-Betweens "that striped sunlight sound". To me the Go-betweens represent my city and era more than any other band. The DVD includes a gig at one of Brisbane's remaining iconic venues plus an extended acoustic set recorded one sunday "arvo" in the front room of a Queenslander. Can't get much more Brisbane than that!

For those who prefer a more American flavour I can also recommend Ani Defranco's "Trust" which also remains on high rotation on my DVD player.
                                                            Sounds interesting.

Can you recommend an Ani DiFranco CD?

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                              Super Senior Member
                                                              • Mar 2005

I only have the 2 Ani recordings, the Trust DVD and "to the teeth" CD from 1999 as I liked the quirky track "swing". I have used that CD on more that one audtioning session and have twice had comments from the sales guy about the high quality of the recording. Diana Krall for feminists with attitude :rofl: :rofl:

I picked up the DVD because it was on special and I didn't really know any of the tracks (turns out i had heard one before). Its stripped right back to Ani on guitar and a guy on double bass. Sometimes simple music can be the most engaging and Ani's in your face attitude helps to drive many of her songs along despite the lack of drums etc. The CD and DVD have very different characters but both are very enjoyable in my opinion. I think I would happily check out an Ani Defranco gig if she returns to oz for another tour, even if her gigs are dominated by women audiences............what am I saying, surely that has to be a bonus.
                                                              Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                • May 2005

Rhonda Vincent and the Rage - "Ragin' Live"

What a talented musician Rhonda Vincent is. She plays fiddle, mandolin and guitar. She writes songs and has a lovely voice too. Not a bad package really! Her band - The Rage - is full of accomplished musicians.

There's a lot of material on this DVD, almost too much. I like bluegrass but its formulaic nature does make it a little bit predictable. However that's a very small criticism.

The best song on this DVD is right at the end - "Orange Blossom Special". This is the kind of song you play to your friends as a one-off. It's so good they all want you to play it again. It features four fiddlers dueling with each other at high speed. It has to be played loud so it's also a good one to show off your hi-fi system. The SQ and PQ on this DVD are both excellent.

Check out the cover of Rhonda's latest album below. She gets sexier as every year goes by.
                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                  Super Senior Member
                                                                  • May 2005

"Nocturne" by Siouxsie and the Banshees

Those of you who follow my posts in this thread know that I try to be positive. Well I'm afraid that my positivity has just run out. This 1983 post-punk concert is the biggest load of rubbish I've seen in a long time, and it's supposed to one of their better efforts. I failed to detect any musical ability on stage whatsoever. The crowd at the Royal Albert Hall obviously loved it. I can only presume that they were all listening to Siouxsie when they had their first kiss. Thank goodness this DVD was lent to me by a friend.
                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

• chinets
                                                                    Senior Member
                                                                    • Jun 2005

Pat Metheny group DVD is awsome!!!!!!!!!! LIVE!!!!!

Comment

• Briz vegas
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bigburner
                                                                      "Nocturne" by Siouxsie and the Banshees

Those of you who follow my posts in this thread know that I try to be positive. Well I'm afraid that my positivity has just run out. This 1983 post-punk concert is the biggest load of rubbish I've seen in a long time, and it's supposed to one of their better efforts. I failed to detect any musical ability on stage whatsoever. The crowd at the Royal Albert Hall obviously loved it. I can only presume that they were all listening to Siouxsie when they had their first kiss. Thank goodness this DVD was lent to me by a friend.
                                                                      Sounds very dissappointing. I was expecting a positive review.

Has anybody found any good classical music DVDs? I am wondering if classical is suited to the DVD format, that is unless it is opera which has a strong visual element.

Comment

• chinets
                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                        • Jun 2005

Good question!! I have never ever seen or heard a good classical DVD album!! The best I found ,believe or not was Phantom of the Opera in DTS ,which is exceptional PQ and SQ!!! And that is a Movie/Opera!!!

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2005
                                                                          • 2649

"Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation"

Soon after I joined the HTGuide Forum I talked about a new CD I had just heard - "Mighty Rearranger" by Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation. Mighty Rearranger is a great album. This DVD is a concert featuring most of the songs from that album, and I've been waiting 18 months for this DVD to come out.

OK, I haven't actually seen this DVD yet, but I'm going to see it on Wednesday evening and the countdown has started. I'm very excited. Can you tell?
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

• chinets
                                                                            Senior Member
                                                                            • Jun 2005
                                                                            • 855

Bigburner,
                                                                            Let us know how that DVD turned out??

You are getting me exicted!! Can you tell?

Enjoy and keep us posted!!

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                                                                              Senior Member
                                                                              • Aug 2001
                                                                              • 510

#83
                                                                              Been listening to the Beatles "Love" DVD-A at least once a day since getting it...hasn't left the Denon 2900. Stunning, and loads of fresh fun for this long-time fan.

Comment

• chinets
                                                                                Senior Member
                                                                                • Jun 2005
                                                                                • 855

#84
                                                                                Just ordered that Beatles DVD-A "Love" Album!!! Can't wait to hear it!! Amazon.com hurry up!!!

Bigburner says this Album is wonderful, so I am all anticipating that moment!!

Cheers guys!!

Comment

• caleb
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Aug 2004
                                                                                  • 514

#85
                                                                                  AKUS - Live

Got eh Alison Krauss & Union Station Live DVD last week, and have listened to / watched it every night since.

Very interesting if you play the concert in it's three sound formats DTS - DOLBY & Stereo you get a very different listening experience.

Fantastic concert - well recorded.

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                                                    • May 2005
                                                                                    • 2649

#86
                                                                                    Originally posted by caleb
                                                                                    Got eh Alison Krauss & Union Station Live DVD last week, and have listened to / watched it every night since.

Very interesting if you play the concert in it's three sound formats DTS - DOLBY & Stereo you get a very different listening experience.

Fantastic concert - well recorded.
                                                                                    caleb, I agree completely. This is a top bluegrass concert performed by a great band, without question. Only Rhonda Vincent comes close to Alison in terms of female bluegrass performers, IMO. Alison has the most beautiful voice and her low-key interaction with the crowd is charming. The concert is held in a very interesting venue too (sort of Rococo).

Alison's band on this DVD - Union Station - is comprised primarily of The Soggy Bottom Boys who are wonderful musicians. It includes Jerry Douglas who is widely regarded as the best Dobro player in the world. Union Station also includes Dan Tyminski who sings "Man of Constant Sorrow" (which he also sang at the Eric Clapton Crossroads concert, for those of you who know that DVD). The double bass player, whose name I forget, is as good as you'll hear.

If you're thinking of dipping your toe into the bluegrass pool for the first time then this DVD would be an excellent start. While you're in the shop (or on-line) then pick up the Rhonda Vincent DVD too. It is nearly Xmas after all. They would make a great present for your wife/partner!

Nigel.
                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • May 2005
                                                                                      • 2649

#87
                                                                                      Just ordered that Beatles DVD-A "Love" Album!!! Can't wait to hear it!! Amazon.com hurry up!!!

Bigburner says this Album is wonderful, so I am all anticipating that moment!!

Cheers guys!!
                                                                                      That's a bit of an exaggeration chinets. I've only heard it once and it sounded pretty cool, but I really need to listen to it a couple more times.

My initial reaction was that people who don't know The Beatles' music well probably won't notice much difference from the original Beatles songs, apart from the really obvious enhancements. However, Beatles enthusiasts will notice lots of subtle differences.

Either way the sound quality of this album is outstanding and probably much better than you remember the original.

In case some of you are confused, this is not a DVD-Video. It is a 2-disc package, comprising a CD plus a DVD-Audio.

Nigel.

Comment

• chinets
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Jun 2005
                                                                                        • 855

#88
                                                                                        Bigburner,
                                                                                        Oh! come on Bigburner,I Read your review on this Album, and others in the forum that you sent me in an attachment!! REMEMBER!!! Oh! well love the Beatles anyway ,so I ordered it. Yes, DVD-A !! I said DVD-A above In your quote , Duh!!!
                                                                                        No exageration here!! You pick great ones!!!
                                                                                        Just listened and watched the Lee ritenour DVD, Live In Montreal!! Bliss!!
                                                                                        Cheers

Comment

• chinets
                                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                                          • Jun 2005
                                                                                          • 855

#89
                                                                                          OOPS! Bigburner ops:

You are right, The attachment you sent on the forum ,was everyone elses opinion and reviews about the beatle Album, and that you found it pretty cool ,and was going to audition it.

Appologies I still think you are the best reviewer out there, as every album you mention ,I tend to buy, and they all turn out to be Gold! Amazing! :T

Bravo and Thanks ;x(
                                                                                          Cheers

Comment

• Kevin D
                                                                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                                                                            • Oct 2002
                                                                                            • 4601

#90
                                                                                            Picked up a couple of the Depeche Mode reissue's lately. They have most of their albums in a remastered CD and 5.1 surround DVD. DVDs has high-resolution PCM, Dolby Digital, and DTS 96/24 mixes.

The sound on Violator is amazing, I've listened to the album 2-3 times now. That's on top of the hundreds since it's original release. Each DVD also has a 30-40 minute video discussing what was going on with the band when that album was released. I hope to pick up the rest for Christmas.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"