X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Multichannel sound vs 2ch

Ok, so when I listen to DVD A, stereo i get sound out of the mains and sub, 5.1, of course I get full sound.

Now on SACD, 2ch on the reciever I get sound from the mains and sub, but if I set the reciever to multi channel input I get sound of the 5 speakers, but it sounds like I loose the sub all together. Any suggestions? I want to think its a setting I just dont have figured out. It would be nice to have some bottom end to my SACDs in multi channel.
    B&W
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

more info needed.
    what player are you using? Is the player configured with .1, and is there a cross-over setting used? I assume there is no cabling problem, right?
    which sacds? many sacd mixers assume you have 5 full range channels; and put almost nothing on .1.
    what sacd music do you have that requires bottom end that the 802s don't deliver? I have so far avoided a sub because I can "locate" it spacially; 5 full range channels is a better solution that out-of-phase bass imho.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by csuzor
      more info needed.
      what player are you using? Is the player configured with .1, and is there a cross-over setting used? I assume there is no cabling problem, right?
      which sacds? many sacd mixers assume you have 5 full range channels; and put almost nothing on .1.
      what sacd music do you have that requires bottom end that the 802s don't deliver? I have so far avoided a sub because I can "locate" it spacially; 5 full range channels is a better solution that out-of-phase bass imho.
      EDIT:
      I just spent about 45 mins going over all the settings/cables, etc. (in the process of writing a reply)
      I tried something. I shut off the amp that powers the 802s. I have a reciever (yamaha 120 watt per channel, for the time being) powering the center and rears. With the amp for the 802s off, the bass really didnt change.. I didnt lose anything.. L and R sound. Flip the amp back on, same amount of bass.

EDIT again,

When sending a 2 ch signal into the reciever, and I flip the reciever to mulit (just to see what it does) i lose all that bass. So my assumption is the reciever is cutting the freq on multi in..

B&W

Comment

• alebonau
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Race Car Driver
        EDIT:
        I just spent about 45 mins going over all the settings/cables, etc. (in the process of writing a reply)
        I tried something. I shut off the amp that powers the 802s. I have a reciever (yamaha 120 watt per channel, for the time being) powering the center and rears. With the amp for the 802s off, the bass really didnt change.. I didnt lose anything.. L and R sound. Flip the amp back on, same amount of bass.

EDIT again,

When sending a 2 ch signal into the reciever, and I flip the reciever to mulit (just to see what it does) i lose all that bass. So my assumption is the reciever is cutting the freq on multi in..

as cszor asked whats your player ?
        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Yamaha DV-C6770 DVDA/SACD player.
          Not really high end, but it works for now.
          Wouldnt mind picking up a dedicated SACD player though.
          B&W

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"