X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

Conrad Johnson PV14L tube preamp

My local dealer has a great deal on a demo piece. I have it in my system now for a couple of days. My first impression is "Holy Cow" this thing can really sing with a capital S. I have it running into a Van Alstine OmegaStar 440EX solid state amp, AAD 2001 monitors, HK DVD22 for my source (for now) The HT bypass is a real plus with this unit, comes w/ remote also which I really like. You can go from 2 channel to HT on the fly. The CJ just sounds sweet in lack of a better description. I can also try a Consonance Cyber 222 tube preamp from the same dealer. Anybody here heard the CJ or Consonance pieces & there thoughts. I did try a NuForce P-8 preamp. Let's not go there!!!! Very unpleasant experience. Any other preamp suggestions you guys have would be appreciated.
  • twitch54
    • Apr 2006

Depending on the $$ for the CJ (it's a great piece in it's own rite). I am presently using an ARC LS-26 which has begun to put more LS-25mkII and REF 2 on the used market($2000 -4500), ie .. AUDIOGON. Also for the $$ spent the ARC SP-16L can be had used for $1100-1300 in mint shape, it too is a great piece for the money.

Audio research has been around quite some time and overall a well respected name in the audio community.
    Dave

Comment

• Bluespower
      • Sep 2005

I bought the ModWright stereo tube pre amp for my system (integrated with a 1068/1095 and B&W 804s). It has the pass thru feature and can be had delivered for $2,200. I'm VERY pleased with mine.
      Bluespower

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"