X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comeup
    • Jul 2005

Kef Xq5 Loudspeakers

Has Anyone Heard These Speakers I Bought A Pair For My Two Channel Setup In My Living Room At 900$ Each No Tax. They Sound Good, But Not The Way They Did In The Store. I Will Give Them 30 Days Of Break In Time To Hear What They Sound Like Then. They Normally Cost 1500$ Each Couldn't Pass Up The Deal. I Have The Ref 201's In A Ht Setup That Sound Great And The Xq5's Are A Step Down. These Will Be Replacing My B&w 602 S3"s .

Does Anyone Have These Speakers And What Do You Think About Them, Will They Get Better After Sufficient Break In Time. I'm So Use To The B&w's Two Completely Different Sounds, Also I'm Usually A Monitor Person I Like The Sound Of Them.

If You Know Anything About These Speakers Please Comment.

Thank You
    Blake
  • asimov66
    • Apr 2006

30 days is not enough...

im not kidding they take a very long time to break-in andneeds precise connection with cables and elecrtonic ti sound their best.

I think these speakers is one of the best out there in that price range.

Comment

• comeup
      • Jul 2005

I agree
      Blake

Comment

• comeup
        • Jul 2005

Thats what I was thimking asimov66 they were very dull right out of the box and I'm starting to notice a big change after a week now they are really clear and open.
        Blake

Comment

• asimov66
          • Apr 2006

congratulations, they will only be better and better and better.....

Comment

• comeup
            • Jul 2005

I've never had speakers so rigid before it will probably be three or four months before being fully broken in. I say three or four months because i'm not home that much to play with them.
            Blake

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"