X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EAmin
    • Aug 2004

Modwright SWL 9.0SE Preamp

Just wondering if anyone has tried out this Preamp before.

It’s gotten a lot of great feedback in another forum and some positive reviews like this one. I’m looking for a good stereo pre with HT Bypass that I can plug into my Rotel/B&W system. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  • pembroke
    • Jun 2005

I have a Rotel 1098,B&W 803's and wanted a good analog preamp with HT bypass.
    I was able to demo the Ayre Acoustics preamp, Bel Canto Pre6, McCormack MAP-1 and Modwright SL9. All of them where exceptional in performance and gave wonderful 2 channel sound.
    Which did I buy? The Modwright.
    Why? The Modwright house sound is very musical, and build quality outstanding - in my system it had the edge on all the others.

Comment

• EAmin
      • Aug 2004

Cool! I'm glad to hear it works well with similar components to mine. Very good group to test against as well. I'm just curious what amp are you using in your system? Thanks Pembroke!

Comment

• pembroke
        • Jun 2005

My HT amp is an Anthem Statement P5. But currently I have a pair of Nuforce Ref 9's, and an amp based on the Nynex Class D modules, on demo. I promised not to post any comparative statments, but can say that so far I'm positively impressed by all of them.
        Before the Anthem I had a Bryston 4BSST and Rotel 1095, the Rotel was the weakest link - I was shocked to find the Anthem to be better in my system than the Bryston.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"