X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ninetynine
    • May 2005

Similar to Rotel

Anyone know of any integrated amps that come close to the sound of a rotel at the same price range? I'm thinking between 600-800 US
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

hmm...I'm a little confused, you want something that sounds like Rotel, and is priced like Rotel...

To me it seems like you should look at Rotel.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• ninetynine
      • May 2005

well i was just wondering if there were any "competator" brands that are similar.

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PewterTA
        hmm...I'm a little confused, you want something that sounds like Rotel, and is priced like Rotel...

To me it seems like you should look at Rotel.
        LOL, sorry this just sounded funny to me. It has a catchy ring to it. :lol:
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• thyname
          • Jan 2005

Hey Jim, it looks like you're not happy with Rotel, and PewterTA yes, that was funny. Rotel was my first gear away from mass market electronics, and I feel that it is the last (at least for now), I am happy. I know that there can be better choices there, but hey!! isn't it so with everything in life??!!

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Marantz. Lately I've ended up auditioning both brands and the difference in the sound (with B&W speakers) is very slim.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• will1066
              • Aug 2003

Maybe Cambridge Audio? Adcom?

Comment

• kirkj
                • Jan 2005

Adcom went thru some ups and downs in the last few years. I have a really old GFA-535II that's still going strong. I heard that they got bought out or taken over by ex-employees or something. I don't know what that means to the equipment itself. Even if the designs are the same, maybe the change in manufacturers could make a difference.

My wife and I listened to a Marantz SR8500 vs a Rotel RSX-1056 over some mid-range KEFs. I swear, I couldn't tell the difference. BUT, my wife said, "There's a big difference! The Marantz is a bit muddy in the middle." So there you go. Ask one person, get two different opinions. Heh heh heh

- Kirk.

Comment

• rhoffman000
                  • Sep 2004

This is an extremely interesting and well written article. I think it could potentially help in your quest

Comment

• Rolex
                    • Mar 2005

It depends on if you are looking in the used market or not. If you are, the Musical Fidelity A3, Audio Refinement Complete, and Creek 5350SE come to mind. All of which should easily be better than the Rotel.

Comment

• Cracking Oboe
                      • May 2004

Cracking!
                      Last edited by Cracking Oboe; 27 May 2005, 17:54 Friday. Reason: oops thought this was the "best cd player" thread.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"