Paradigm PW-2200 vs Paradigm Servo 15 . . .

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMG
    • Oct 2004

Paradigm PW-2200 vs Paradigm Servo 15 . . .

Just wondering if anyone has done a head to head comparision of these two subs, especially for music? I currently have the 2200 and was wondering if the Servo 15 would be a noticeable upgrade, especially considering the price premium?

I'm currently running one PW-2200 along with my Paradigm Studio 80's. From what I've read, the maximum output of the two subs is similar, but I'm curious if the Servo would be a better musical sub . . . at least enough to warrant the additional cost. I suppose when I say more musical, I'm thinking in the sense of having more control, definition and better pace. I'm satisfied with the output levels of the 2200 so I don't really need anything with more volume. I don't plan on going HT for quite some time so it would be used strictly for 2 channel (and DVD's played through my stereo). I listen to all sorts of music.

Thanks in advance!
  • Bam!
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2004

...I've heard both.....both in a music listening environment...

They are both really transparent....really really transparent....WHEN placed right ofcourse!

I have to say the Servo15....I haven't heard the new new one...which is V2 now I believe....but jusdging from the previous model.....it would be an upgrade.

Paradigm makes really good subs IMO....I think that is their strength....however...

Velodyne makes some beauts that are really musical...
    so does M&K...
    I would talk about SVS but you are canadian....

All and all I would listen to a few other brands BEFORE switching over....
    Got a nice rack to show me ?

Comment

• Jeff Kowerchuk
      • Sep 2000

The PW-2200 is an awesome sub, and offers about 85-90% of the performance of the Servo 15.

As you already own the 2200, I don't know that it would be a huge upgrade to move to the Servo.

Since you mention you use it for 2-channel, consider the new Seismic subs from Paradigm. The Seismic 12 easily outperforms the old Servo, IMHO. It is a compact little corker, and does an awesome job with music - much greater control and speed than the 2200, making it much more appropriate for music. In addition, its 1200W continuous/4500W peak power ensures lots of slam if ever required.

DEFINITELY audition the Seismic.

Jeff.

Comment

• NMG
        • Oct 2004

Thanks for the replies guys. Jeff, I was a little interested in the Seismic 12 and I do think I'll check it out. The other bonus is the size . . . I'm not sure if I could find the space for the Servo. With the Seismic being smaller than the 2200, I know I could fit in in no problem

I've read similar comments about the 2200 in that it is "close" to the Servo in performance which is why I wasn't sure if plopping down the money for it would be worthwhile at this point in time. The return might not be good enough.

Any idea what the Seismic 12 is going for in Canada?

Comment

• Jeff Kowerchuk
          • Sep 2000

The Seismic 12 has an MSRP of CDN$2000.

Comment

• NMG
            • Oct 2004

Thanks for the info!

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

One point, the Servo-15 is servo-controlled which means the outgoing signal (to the driver) is compared to the incoming signal (from the amp) on a continuous basis and corrected for any irregularities. Yes, you might get more bass from a non-servo sub, but in general it won't be as accurate. More may be your cup of tea, or accuracy may be or, personally I like both. All are good, but don't confuse more with accurate - they can be and many times are, different things.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• H.Donald
                • Aug 2004

Then,if I understand you correctly,the Servo 15 would be better for music?
                Santa is about to bring me one for Christmas...I am looking at the Servo or the Seismic.

Comment

• NMG
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by H.Donald
                  Then,if I understand you correctly,the Servo 15 would be better for music?
                  Santa is about to bring me one for Christmas...I am looking at the Servo or the Seismic.
                  The reviews I've read about the Seismic seem pretty impressive, it sounds like it would be great for music. I think I'm going to have to do some auditioning to find out for sure

I've also read that the Servo is a great sub for music. If I didn't already have a PW-2200, I'd likely pick one up. I have to decide if I'm better off upgrading my sub or my mains first . . . oh well . . . things could be worse

Comment

• H.Donald
                    • Aug 2004

Anyone know of changes made to the Servo?I believe the newest is v.4.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"