X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

amps

have not played guitar since the 70's, but a few guys at work are ardent hobbyist who play do play gigs part-time.

the amps are quite different today compared what i used way back.

here are two that one of the gents at work has:

LINK

LINK
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio
  • chrisn
    • Sep 2007

That's quite a few different settings, it must take some time to get it dialed just right. I have a simple amp, only three adjustments in addition to the "on" switch: https://orangeamps.com/products/guit.../micro-terror/

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

I have heard of the Bugera, but I don't know anything about them. Maybe very good, maybe very expensive, I don't know... Line6 seems to be a right popular brand, I think they are a bit budget minded, affordable, but actually, I think they make pretty good stuff, from what I have heard from sources, and what you see for used for sale.

A favorite of mine as far as single cabs go is built in amp and speaker together is Blackstar. I only have a very small Blackstar, 1 watt.

I have a Vox modeling amp I like pretty well, it's 40 watt tube., compact size, but can still belt out some good tone.

Then there's this guy...

Gibson Slash Les Paul in front of Marshall 100H amp (Made outside US, but not in China, Vietnam I believe), and Marshall 1936 2 12" speaker cab, (made in England)

I also have a less expensive Vertical 2 12" cabinet made who knows where, sitting under a PRS 50 watt SE-50 head. I'll have to scope up photos of it in a bit.

I started with the PRS and vertical 2 12 cab from Marshall, I've tried a few other amps along the way. The Vox wasn't very expensive, and it's like pedals and amp all in one with it's tonal variations. It's quite an impressive amp for $250 or so I paid. The Blackstart was 137.00 and sits on my kitchen table, yes, it is 1 watt of TUBE power, haha with a BOOST button! Whew hooo! That's sort of like a test bench amp and to play along with lessons online.
      Doug
      "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"