Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Manning
    • Dec 2006

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Yes the pun is intended .... Since some folks have been asking for it,we are exploring some options for a new center channel. We are looking at both two and three way options. The renderings show the overall design profile. This cabinet is 1 cu ft and the top sits at ~24" high ..... those numbers can of course be modified. More details will be coming soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CC3_resize.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	872523

Name:	CC4_resize.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	872524

Name:	CC5.jpg
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	872525

Name:	CC2.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	872526
    Hold on to your butts - It's about to get Musical!

• Evil Twin
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Where is the beef?

Do I need to get Jonmarsh involved in this? He might have the ability to make contributions...

I would not dream of doing so myself, as it would run the risk of exposing sources and revealing the true extent of my Imperial spy network.

Rebels are not the only ones with spies...
    DFAL
    Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• Steve Manning
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Evil Twin
      Where is the beef?

Do I need to get Jonmarsh involved in this? He might have the ability to make contributions...

I would not dream of doing so myself, as it would run the risk of exposing sources and revealing the true extent of my Imperial spy network.

Rebels are not the only ones with spies...
      Would that be a single or double, Master?

Comment

• Evil Twin
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

A double with all the sides is preferred, including cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, and bacon.

It feels like it has been ages since that was possible to obtain...

OTOH, it might not hurt to reveal that my spies tell me many configurations and low frequency drivers are under consideration and development, including one very much based on these renderings, which is something of a more "budget" two way offering, while still using fairly high performance drivers, but also 3 way configurations having a passing relationship to the Ardent D, with several woofer possibilities, scaled to varying means and performance targets.
        DFAL
        Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• theSven
          Master of None
          • Jan 2014

Very exciting share Steve. I’m leaning towards a 3 way for the center channel. Will this use the Satori, Anarchy, or Accuton? Same tweeter as the Calliope I imagine?
          Painter in training

Comment

• 5th element
            Supreme Being Moderator
            • Sep 2009

Those are going to need a very low crossover point to keep the horizontal dispersion decent. Like way below normal tweeter range.

The front looks like it's got plenty of room to fit in a small mid below the tweeter, even if it is just a Scan 10F. That'll easily go down to 500Hz and it has decent sensitivity too.

I would not want to go to the rather extreme lengths of building a cabinet as elaborate as the one proposed just for a sideways mounted MTM and all the compromises they exhibit.

Another option is to make the design a little wider, but less tall, and put a MR18/C18 coax between the bass drivers. Yeah this demands a three way but these speakers look like they aren't meant to be run of mill and that's what you'll get if you go sideways MTM.
            What you screamin' for, every five minutes there's a bomb or something. I'm leavin' Bzzzzzzz!
            5th Element, otherwise known as Matt.
            Now with website. www.5een.co.uk Still under construction.

Comment

• Steve Manning
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by 5th element
              Those are going to need a very low crossover point to keep the horizontal dispersion decent. Like way below normal tweeter range.

The front looks like it's got plenty of room to fit in a small mid below the tweeter, even if it is just a Scan 10F. That'll easily go down to 500Hz and it has decent sensitivity too.

I would not want to go to the rather extreme lengths of building a cabinet as elaborate as the one proposed just for a sideways mounted MTM and all the compromises they exhibit.

Another option is to make the design a little wider, but less tall, and put a MR18/C18 coax between the bass drivers. Yeah this demands a three way but these speakers look like they aren't meant to be run of mill and that's what you'll get if you go sideways MTM.

Hey Matt, at this point the renderings are conceptual and intended to fit in with the Calliope MT's and the SMJ Audio TTC cabinet concept in general. As with any of those cabinets, they can be made wider, narrower, what ever you need .... one of the intents behind the design in general. Since Jon will be doing his testing with more conventional "square" boxes that option would be open if folks wanted to go that way.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"