X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Delta Dog
    • May 2009

Delta Dog's Switchable Statements Monitors build

About a year ago I started my build. Got real busy at work and stopped for a while. Started back recently. Here is my progress.

I am building the Statements Switchable Monitors. I plan on building sealed Statements, the Center, and a sub (or 2) in the future. I am using solid mahogany baffle backed with 1/2" MDF. I will veneer the box with mahogany veneer. The crossovers are complete.

I am currently filling and sanding the boxes to get ready for the veneer. I should have oversized the offsets so I could use a flush trim bit to trim the butt joints. I did oversize the mahogany baffle so they should fit well.

I have to decide how I want to mount the switch. I have terminal cups that I can mount them on, but I am considering getting post plates custom made to have a spot for the switch. I don't know if the Parts Express 4" x 4" plates have enough room to drill a spot for the switch without being too close to the terminal connections.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1) Box Back and Mid Tunnel.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	870434

Name:	2) Box Panels.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	870435

Name:	3) Box Glued Up.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	870436
    Last edited by theSven; 16 August 2023, 17:17 Wednesday. Reason: Update image location
  • Delta Dog
    • May 2009

Here are some pics of the baffles and my crossovers. The baffles should match up coloring when sanded. I will just use Tung Oil on the mahogany. I used a 1/2" roundover on the back of the baffle. Do I need to get a 3/4" roundover and go back over them?

I forgot to notch the mid tunnel for the tweeter heat sink. I will do that before attaching the baffles.

Name:	4) Baffle Front and Veneer.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	855543

Name:	5) Veneer.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	855544

Name:	6) Baffle Rear.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	855545

Name:	7) Crossovers.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	855546
    Last edited by theSven; 16 August 2023, 17:18 Wednesday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• john trials
      • Mar 2009

Cut the rear of the baffle deeper near the mid and woofer to improve air flow. Here's a photo of mine (just the 3/4" part of the baffle...the 1/2" piece of the baffle wasn't glued to the 3/4" baffle yet). On the mid, this chamfer on the rear of the 3/4" baffle goes out almost to 5" diameter, matching the inside dimensions of the tunnel. https://www.htguide.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=113
      Last edited by theSven; 16 August 2023, 17:18 Wednesday. Reason: Update htguide url
      Statements: "They usually kill the desire to build anything else."

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"