RS28a/RS225 MT

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • plincoln
    • May 2006

lookin' good dave...and I'm sure they sound even better.
    Stuff for Sale/Trade

Comment

• JoshK
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by kgveteran
      Where do I ship em' to ?
      In all seriousness, excellent job! :T Yours were the pair that made me think I should build a pair for on wall mounting for my surrounds. I was thinking this style of form factor.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	934867

Maybe not the wood styling, but the form.
      Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 21:30 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• kgveteran
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by kingpin
        What is the color called.
        I'm at work....I'll check the number and post it later.Sherwin-williams silouette.....I think.
        Here is my LCR "Trio". Way to go guys !

Comment

• kgveteran
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by JoshK
          In all seriousness, excellent job! :T Yours were the pair that made me think I should build a pair for on wall mounting for my surrounds. I was thinking this style of form factor.

They rock.Perfect fit all around...size,sound and cost.
          Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 21:30 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• kgveteran
            • Oct 2005

Well, Ive had these mounted for a little more than a year and these are really perfect surround speakers.They have more than enough headroom for HT and sound sweet for DVD concerts (Peter Gariel "Growing Up" as one example).

Not that I have noticed any problems, but if Mark K. could rework the BSC for a wall mount They should be in the Mission Accomplished section for sure.

Very happy with these babies.This rounds out my HT Guide 7.1 system.

KG

Comment

• crackyflipside
              • Nov 2006

Click image for larger version

Name:	product_326171.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	934868

Haha, I was thinking the same idea for my surrounds.

But yeah, the BSC thing is an issue, if they were off the wall, you would have to climb over a couch to get to the movie racks!
              Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 21:33 Monday. Reason: Update image location
              -Chris B

;x( DIY

Comment

• Undefinition
                • Dec 2006

I can recognize that those are REALLY nice drivers in there, and some beautiful wood grain, but I just can't look at that, and not think of classroom PA speakers from my childhood.
                Last edited by theSven; 01 May 2023, 21:34 Monday. Reason: Update image link
                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?
                Paul Carmody's DIY Speaker Site

Comment

• kgveteran
                  • Oct 2005

So, 6 years after the last post.... I am in a new location, my old room has since been dismantled. I needed to set up a quick and easy system from pieces of my old HT.

I set up my 225/28a twoways on top of my rebuilt AUX subs. The twoways were intended for surround duty and the smaller cabinet i used i'm sure cut off the bass around 60hz. I used one Behringer 500a amp and an Airport Express to stream my itunes and Pandora.....

I can not believe how good this little stereo system sounds. I just XO the subs where the mains dropped off using my OmniMic system and my laptop. I purchased some rebuilt 12" M&K sub drivers for my trusty subs that were damaged before.

If anyone is looking for a real nice clean sound, these twoways are just plain sweet. The metal dome tweeter doesnt sound at all like a ringy, tizzy, metal dome. I really liked these as surrounds, and am now enjoying them so much more with two channel audio.......

Comment

• JonMarsh
                    Mad Max Moderator
                    • Aug 2000

Now that's value, when you can recycle and re-purpose and be very happy with the results! :T

Not surprised to hear that, though, especially as the RS28a does lack most of the typical metal dome vices- it's a nice part for music, and why I used it in several systems on a budget!
                    the AudioWorx
                    Natalie P
                    M8ta
                    Modula Neo DCC
                    Modula MT XE
                    Modula Xtreme
                    Isiris
                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                    Minerva Monitor
                    Calliope
                    Ardent D

In Development...
                    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
                    Obi-Wan
                    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
                    Modula PWB
                    Calliope CC Supreme
                    Natalie P Ultra
                    Natalie P Supreme
                    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
                    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• kgveteran
                      • Oct 2005

....... and we're talking Pandora streamed over WiFi as a source, and it still sounds pretty good. I'd like to hear some of my SACD's or DVDA's...... or better yet some good old fashion analog vinyl..

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"