X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beden1
    Super Senior Member
    • Oct 2006

DC Trigger Outlet

I would like to be able to turn on/off the power amps when I turn on/off my CP-500 Classe Pre-amp. I'm not sure how to do this. Is it just a matter of connecting the two (or three), or do I have to do some configuration within the CP-500 in order for it to recognize the signal? I'm thinking of adding a CA-3200 and a CA-2200, and I would prefer to be able to turn on/off all at the same time if possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • hifiguymi
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2007

You do have to configure the CP-500 and turn the trigger outputs on. It's in the set up menu and it's pretty easy.

If you have Delta Series amps, then use the CANBUS if you can. There are a couple of features you get like being able to check the amps operating temperature, A/C voltage, faults (if there are any), and a couple other things. It's not critical, but it's cool and easy to do. It just takes a standard cat5 patch cable to do it.

Eric

Comment

• RebelMan
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

The triggers are programed by default to turn on and off the equipment daisy chained from the first device, which in your case would be the CP-500. Another way to do this is through the CANBUS interface as Eric mentioned.
      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• beden1
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2006

Than You Eric and RebelMan for your in-put. I bought the CP-500 used so I don't know about the accessories. Can I get a CANBUS from a Classe dealer, or is this something that comes with the unit? I'm not down in Florida right now so I can't check my CP-500 packaging.

While in PA, I've been trying to plan on some upgrades, either to Classe mono blocks or two channel, or a CA-5200. If I add more separate amps, I would want to have remote access to powering on and off.

Comment

• hifiguymi
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2007

CANBUS is on all of the Delta Series components. Some of them need a firmware update to activate it. All of the information for the CP-500 is on the Classe website here

It is quite easy to update the firmware (if needed). The only pieces in the Delta Series that need anything beyond what is in them already are the SSP-300 and SSP-600. The rest is plug and play with the correct firmware.

Eric

Comment

• beden1
            Super Senior Member
            • Oct 2006

Thanks Eric.

If memory serves me correctly, I think my unit was updated before I bought it. I appreciate the information you sent, and I'll try to see if it works when I get back down to my system.

At least now, I can hope to add more amps and be able to turn them on/off remotely.

Comment

• beden1
              Super Senior Member
              • Oct 2006

Since I started this thread, I've added a pair of CAM-350 amps. I contacted Classe and asked about working the triggers for these, and for my CAV-150. They said there is no triggering device for the CAV-150.

For the CAM-350's, they sent me a schematic to show me how to enable the triggering. I had to take off the top, and pull one of the internal jumpers. Then, go to the CP-500 and highlight each trigger in the menu.

They said it was easy on Friday, and I did follow their directions explicitly, but, it does not work.

I'm using mono wires that I got at Radio Shack. My dealer said to try turning all units on manually, then turn the CP-500 off with the remote to enable the triggers. Still nothing.

Any ideas to help out an extremely frustrated camper? 8O

Comment

• Glen B
                Super Senior Member
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by beden1
                I contacted Classe and asked about working the triggers for these, and for my CAV-150. They said there is no triggering device for the CAV-150.
                Actually there is a triggering device; I have one. Its the discontinued Model RC-1 Remote Interface. It allows any of the CA-XXX/CAV-XXX amps with the RJ-12 phone jack to be triggered by one of the SSPs or any other preamp with a 5 volt trigger. Unfortunately the RC-1 is rare and very hard to find.

Comment

• beden1
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Glen B
                  Actually there is a triggering device; I have one. Its the discontinued Model RC-1 Remote Interface. It allows any of the CA-XXX/CAV-XXX amps with the RJ-12 phone jack to be triggered by one of the SSPs or any other preamp with a 5 volt trigger. Unfortunately the RC-1 is rare and very hard to find.
                  I was wondering what the phone jack was for. Now I'm also wondering why the Rep at Classe didn't fill me in. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Glen B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jul 2004

I was wondering what the phone jack was for. Now I'm also wondering why the Rep at Classe didn't fill me in. I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these. Thanks for sharing.
                    The jack was meant to be used with either the RC-1 or manually from a distance via a wire pigtail with momentary switch. In lieu of the RC-1, a device like a Xantech pulsed switching module should work. Attached here is the pinout wiring schematic for the remote jack on the amp.

Last edited by Glen B; 22 June 2008, 01:33 Sunday.

Comment

• dmccombs
                      • Sep 2006

Since I started this thread, I've added a pair of CAM-350 amps. I contacted Classe and asked about working the triggers for these, and for my CAV-150. They said there is no triggering device for the CAV-150.

For the CAM-350's, they sent me a schematic to show me how to enable the triggering. I had to take off the top, and pull one of the internal jumpers. Then, go to the CP-500 and highlight each trigger in the menu.

They said it was easy on Friday, and I did follow their directions explicitly, but, it does not work.

I'm using mono wires that I got at Radio Shack. My dealer said to try turning all units on manually, then turn the CP-500 off with the remote to enable the triggers. Still nothing.

Any ideas to help out an extremely frustrated camper? 8O
                      Brooks,

Try unplugging the power cord from the CAM-350s. When I set up my triggers on the CAM-350, I vaguely remember that it didn't work, until I took off the power cord for a moment.

Darrell

Comment

• beden1
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Glen B
                        The jack was meant to be used with either the RC-1 or manually from a distance via a wire pigtail with momentary switch. In lieu of the RC-1, a device like a Xantech pulsed switching module should work. Attached here is the pinout wiring schematic for the remote jack on the amp.

http://www.xantech.com/Controls/Cont...tchers/599-00/
                        Thanks, I'll see if I can get it to work going with this route.

Comment

• beden1
                          Super Senior Member
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dmccombs
                          Brooks,

Try unplugging the power cord from the CAM-350s. When I set up my triggers on the CAM-350, I vaguely remember that it didn't work, until I took off the power cord for a moment.

Darrell
                          Did you unplug the power cord with the pre-pro off or on? I take it the amps were off at the time?

Thanks

Comment

• dmccombs
                            • Sep 2006

Did you unplug the power cord with the pre-pro off or on? I take it the amps were off at the time?

Thanks
                            Brooks,

I powered the Prepro and amp off. Removed the cord from the CAM-350 so it wasn't in Standby mode for a minute.

Then I plugged the power cord back into the amp, then powered on the Prepro.

I think if you switch the jumper, while the amp is plugged in, it doesn't realize you changed anything because it is still in stanby mode. I think it checks that jumper only on power up (pugging in the cord).

If that doesn't work, the manually power on the amp. Wait for a minute, the power off the prepro. Once the amp is shut down, power on the Prepro.

It is just a syncing thing. I have seen that with all my Classe amps when I first turn on the triggers.

Darrell

Comment

• beden1
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Oct 2006

Spent the last hour trying every combo I can think of, in line with what you suggested, and still nothing. I'd say that I wish Classe made triggering as easy as the Japanese, but Pioneer doesn't make it easy either. I just don't get what is so hard.

I also tried turning off the Classe CP-500 from the main switch to let it re-boot, and that didn't work either. :cry:

Comment

• dmccombs
                                • Sep 2006

Hmm, I have to "assume", that either it is a problem with the config of the prepro, or maybe a mono cable issue. It sounds like you jumpered the CAM-350 correctly, and I know these amps run off the trigger if that one jumper is set.

Are you running a mono cable to each amp (from the prepro), or are you running them in series (prepro --> amp1 --> amp2)?

Darrell

Comment

• beden1
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dmccombs
                                  Hmm, I have to "assume", that either it is a problem with the config of the prepro, or maybe a mono cable issue. It sounds like you jumpered the CAM-350 correctly, and I know these amps run off the trigger if that one jumper is set.

Are you running a mono cable to each amp (from the prepro), or are you running them in series (prepro --> amp1 --> amp2)?

Darrell
                                  The Classe CP-500 has two trigger outs. I'm running one to each amp like the Rep at Classe told me to do on Friday. I just tried a few other configs and nothing so far. I'm wondering if the Classe Rep told me to pull the correct jumper plug. But, you pulled jumper number one also, the one closest to the front?

Comment

• dmccombs
                                    • Sep 2006

Brooks,

I don't remember which of the jumpers it is for sure, but the closest to the front sounds correct. I do remember that it was either the first or last jumper.

I have run mine like you are now (parellel). I currently run them daisy chained without any problems.

AVP --> Amp1 --> Amp2 --> Amp3
                                    AVP --> Amp4 (rear)

Darrell

Comment

Working...
                                    Searching...Please wait.
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                    Search Result for "|||"