X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cug
    • Jan 2008

CDP-102 variable output?!

The Classé website states, that the CDP-102 has variable analog output. Does that mean you can skip a pre-amp and use this variable output to connect directly to a power-amp, e.g. the CA-2100 or a CA-2200?

If yes, how well does that work? Can anybody perhaps here test that?
  • RebelMan
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Yes it does. I tried it for a while with my CDP-202 but I wouldn't recommend it for the long term. I think I posted some remarks about it a while back.
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• cug
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
      Yes it does. I tried it for a while with my CDP-202 but I wouldn't recommend it for the long term. I think I posted some remarks about it a while back.
      Hmmm. I've browsed now through about a billion posts but haven't found that one ... Do you remember the context where that might have been?

And why wouldn't you recommend it?

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

I'll look it up although I don't recall saying too much on the subject in a richly meaningful way.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• cug
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by RebelMan
          I'll look it up although I don't recall saying too much on the subject in a richly meaningful way.
          I think I found it yesterday and the only thing I got from it was, that you were happy to have the pre back. If that was the posting. I'm still not sure, what I'll do ... we'll see. First save some money.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"