Designs using the Peerless 5-1/4" Exclusive??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobhowell
    • Jul 2008

Designs using the Peerless 5-1/4" Exclusive??

I got 2 of these from PE this week on sale. Now how to use them. Cotdt has given me a plan with the Peerless/Scan Speak HDS tweeter. I found another using that tweeter on a Dutch site.

I will not finalize plans for a month or two but want to be on the lookout for parts.

Issues;

-Box size. Madisound suggest from 7L vented down to 3L sealed. Cotdt went with sealed 6L, which has a very shallow roll off.

-Tweeter- What else has been used?

Boxes are easy for me to make and I will probably make 2-3. Surely one will be 3L sealed which I will cross over with out any crossover using the technique Described by Roman For the Microbe and Ceribus. In 3L it has f3 of 119hz and f10 of 65HZ. Power handing is good at 28 watts, or so, and 105db.

At the other end would be a TL box. How would it work there?

Ideas?

Thanks
    Bob Howell

I tried to attach specs.??
    Last edited by bobhowell; 20 November 2009, 21:49 Friday.
  • Paul Ebert
    • May 2004

I, too, picked up a pair. I plan to use them as mids - sealed - in a MLTL with D26NC55s that I've had laying around and an 8" woofer (probably 830884s). I'll probably put the tweet in an MCM waveguide.

Comment

• bobhowell
      • Jul 2008

I am finishing up two subs using Peerless 830731 10" woofers I got on sale from Madisound last summer. I will probably use them with a two way I build using these new drivers. The HDS tweeter sounds like a great fit, but it is pricey. In the grand scheme of things though maybe it is the best option.

The wave guide is intriguing, but I know little about them. A small twoway seems my best fit.

Comment

• Black300zx
        • Feb 2007

I, too, picked up a pair of the 5.25" Exclusives from PE a few weeks ago. I already had a pair of the 8" version laying around, so I plan on using the 8/5.25 combo in a 3 way build in the future.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"