X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LunarD
    • Aug 2006

6" Precision Ports

I recently emailed Precision Sound Products, www.psp-inc.com, inquiring if they plan on producing a 6" version of their Precision Ports. Here is their reply:

"We are hoping to have the new 6" Precision Port available in 2 - 3 weeks. We are currently taking pre-orders. These will be available on www.thrilleraudio.com by 9/5/06. I have included the pricing for the 6" Precision Port below.

PSP-6OFN (Flare without mounting holes) - $14.33
    PSP-6RG (Connecting Ring) - $ 1.53
    PSP-6TB (12" plastic tube) - $ 6.10
    PSP6-OFN-5 (2 flares, 1 connecting ring) - $30.20
    PSP6-OFN (2 flares, 2 connecting rings) - $31.73
    PSP6-OFNT ( (2 flares, 2 connecting rings, 1 12" plastic tube) - $38.76

There will be indentations on the back of the flare if mounting hole are needed."

I have another email into them asking about what size tubes these will fit, and will post their answer when they reply.

John

"I have all theses great genes, but they're recessive. That's the problem here."
  • LunarD
    • Aug 2006

Here is their reply on the tube size:

"We did make the flare to work with a tube purchased from a plumbing supply store. The outside diameter of that tube was 6.293". You can try a tube that you purchase but we can only guarentee the tubes we sell. If you want to use our tubes you would need to purchase 1 extra tube and 1 extra connecting ring per unit."

John

"This one's tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like eleventeen ..."

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

Thanks. Was just looking into making some of these somehow. Buying is easier.

Comment

• Dennis H
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by LunarD
        Here is their reply on the tube size:

"We did make the flare to work with a tube purchased from a plumbing supply store. The outside diameter of that tube was 6.293". You can try a tube that you purchase but we can only guarentee the tubes we sell. If you want to use our tubes you would need to purchase 1 extra tube and 1 extra connecting ring per unit."
        They didn't try very hard to use standard sizes. Standard 6" pipe in the US is 6.625" OD with varying ID depending on the strength required. Around here, that's the only OD available but Thomas found smaller stuff somewhere so I guess it must be available where he lives. But, as the man says, you can always splice together however many 12" sections of the factory tubing you need to get the length.

Comment

• Amphiprion
          • Apr 2006

What is sewer&drain OD here in the US?

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

The green sewer pipe is an industry standard. Some of the big box stores sell it. I get it from Lowes. The OD is just a hair under 6.25. That size fits inside the AeroPort flares perfectly.

There are many sizes of 6" pipe depending on the 'schedule' of the pipe. So it will probably pay to go to a big plumbing company or if you live in a big city, someplace that specializes in plastic pipe to look at their 'boneyard' for scraps

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Nonoises
              • Sep 2006

Thank You all for your interest in our new product. I see there is some misconception on the tube size. The tube we are using is a duplicate of a industy standard thin wall plumbing tube. However, since we can not control an "outside" vendors specifications we had to produce our own. Also, our tubes are BLACK ABS and therefore do not need to be painted which saves time. We could have created a flare that will fit the thick wall PVC tube 6.625". But this would add unnecessary material (and cost) to the flare and weight to the overall port.

I hope this clears up some of your concerns. I am confident you will like our product and will see we did try to accomodate the DIY market in our design of the 6" Precision Port (tm).

Steve
              President
              Precision Sound Products, Inc.
              www.PSP-INC.

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
                • Aug 2001

Cool. Pricing is substantially lower than the older 6" flares I had. Sounds like there's a mounting flange, also, which should simplify things greatly.

Comment

• collo
                  • Nov 2005

According to the Thriller Audio website, the 6 inchers are now shipping.... :T
                  Ports rule ...

Comment

• strevo
                    • Mar 2005

standard PVC

You could always just get standard thick-wall PVC and file the ends thickness down to fit the flares.
                    -Steve

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"