X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Yep don't let a measley $8000 just for tweeters stand between good friends....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• ColoradoTom
      • Feb 2006

Glue, glue, and more glue

Glueing up panels - already through 2 gallons of Titebond.

Jon - looks like I may make some modifications to the design. I'm investigating changing the braces to intersect the front and back panels at 90 degrees. This will allow easier routing of the dados and will also increase accuracy of the fit. I've got everything marked up on my full scale drawing to make sure the opening for the RS225 and the vent are OK. Unless I'm having some sort of brain fart this should make no difference in the design or the strength of the structure. The dados combined with biscuits should give a pretty solid enclosure.

By the way.... with all the talk about the shellac I'm considering that as a final finish. If I get enough time to practice I may attemp a "French Polish".

Tom

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Monsieur, I encourage and applaud your creativity! Have you ever done a "French Polish" before? I've read about it, but haven't tried it.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by JonMarsh
          Monsieur, I encourage and applaud your creativity! Have you ever done a "French Polish" before? I've read about it, but haven't tried it.
          I actually haven't done it, but I've watched it done on a guitar - takes major time/patience and is a little difficult when you are doing edges... which is a PITA for this particular design. I should be able to practice on the test facet panel. When done well the finish looks like glass. The only major problem is that the finish can be damaged by alcohol - and I'm pretty sure this first time I have someone over to look/listen they'll prop thier margarita glass on one of them!!

Does the picture bring back fond memories??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Panel Glue up.JPG
Views:	516
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	845327
          Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:35 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ThomasW
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

We've never used 2"X4"s to build any of our speakers....:wink:

At some point we should discuss something frequently overlooked, that being the felt gasket material used to cover the front baffle.....

Name:	test.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	948111
            Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:14 Monday. Reason: Update image location

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ColoradoTom
              I actually haven't done it, but I've watched it done on a guitar - takes major time/patience and is a little difficult when you are doing edges... which is a PITA for this particular design. I should be able to practice on the test facet panel. When done well the finish looks like glass. The only major problem is that the finish can be damaged by alcohol - and I'm pretty sure this first time I have someone over to look/listen they'll prop thier margarita glass on one of them!!

Does the picture bring back fond memories??
              I'm not sure "fond" is the right word- maybe "familiar" would be more appropriate?

That's the thing that worries me about shellac finishes- I remember all those adomnishments when I was a little kid not to put a glass or cup on the table, especially not a cold one, becuase of what it would do to the finish. Ureathanes are nice in that regard- very durable. :T Probably the best choice for a klutz like me.
              the AudioWorx
              Natalie P
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Obi-Wan
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JonMarsh
                Mad Max Moderator
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by ThomasW

At some point we should discuss something frequently overlooked, that being the felt gasket material used to cover the front baffle.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	948111
                ā€‹

That and the embedded neodymium magnets from Parts Express to mount the grille without any physical fasteners.

Image not available

You know, we have to keep some secret sauce in all this....

I really ought to go back and do some more pics and posts with grilles and other stuff- I'll put it on my short to-do list. :rofl:
                Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:19 Monday. Reason: Update quote and remove broken image link
                the AudioWorx
                Natalie P
                M8ta
                Modula Neo DCC
                Modula MT XE
                Modula Xtreme
                Isiris
                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                Minerva Monitor
                Calliope
                Ardent D

In Development...
                Obi-Wan
                Modula PWB
                Calliope CC Supreme
                Natalie P Ultra
                Natalie P Supreme
                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                  • Feb 2006

Click image for larger version  Name:	test.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	948111
                  ā€‹

ā€‹

2x4's...... if I could post a higher rez picture you'd see that those are custom made 3.5 x 3.5 cauls .

THAT picture looks interesting... have you made these already!!!

Also.... I kinda feel like and idiot here but how do you post a picture within the text??

Tom
                  Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:23 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• ThomasW
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

That's a pic off the Avalon website. The only box speakers I have in the house are M8aMKIII wall-mounted in the bedroom. (the front baffles are covered with felt)

To put a picture in a post, you paste the URL of the image inside brackets [i-m-g] [/i-m-g] or you click on the postcard icon in the post a message box, and paste in the URL. The image must be hosted somewhere online it can't be one that's simply stored on your PC
                    Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:25 Monday. Reason: Update url

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• JonMarsh
                      Mad Max Moderator
                      • Aug 2000

PE 2" dome mid is out. nice, compact, very flat response to almost 10K. Doesn't go super low, but plenty low enough.

Is it time to consider trying the M8ta as a three way also? 800 Hz and 2 kHz?

Suppose I'll have to order a pair sometime soon. Better see how the distortion looks before counting any chickens or planning fried chicken.

Name:	285-020_HR_0.default.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	948112
                      Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:26 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                      the AudioWorx
                      Natalie P
                      M8ta
                      Modula Neo DCC
                      Modula MT XE
                      Modula Xtreme
                      Isiris
                      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                      Minerva Monitor
                      Calliope
                      Ardent D

In Development...
                      Obi-Wan
                      Modula PWB
                      Calliope CC Supreme
                      Natalie P Ultra
                      Natalie P Supreme
                      Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JoshK
                        • Mar 2005

Have you ever done a "French Polish" before? I've read about it, but haven't tried it.
                        Well there was this girl in college.... :rf

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                          • Feb 2006

PE 2" dome mid is out. nice, compact, very flat response to almost 10K. Doesn't go super low, but plenty low enough.

Is it time to consider trying the M8ta as a three way also? 800 Hz and 2 kHz?

Suppose I'll have to order a pair sometime soon. Better see how the distortion looks before counting any chickens or planning fried chicken.

Click image for larger version  Name:	285-020_HR_0.default.jpg Views:	0 Size:	130.6 KB ID:	948112
                          ā€‹

Jon - Please stop!! You're killing me!! I haven't even finished the two way version and you're moving on to a three way Opus-like version. And to make matters worse, every time I'm out working on my M8ta's I'm thinking about how I could modify things to look more Isis-like. I'm thinking of something more "hooded" in appearance - not so much a nun, but more like.......................THE EMPEROR!!!!! 8O

Finished my test of a French Polish and have decided that it's just too labor intensive. You are basically putting on hundreds of microscopic layers of shellac, which even in my less than professional test looked quite promising, but the time required to do a pair of M8ta's would be significant. I'm sticking to tung oil - which done right probably gets you 80% there.

Cut dado's for the braces and did a dry fit of the cabinets - making the dado's run 90 degrees to the front/back made the manufacturing process much easier and the cabinets seem very dead and strong. Just received the drivers from PE and Madisound and will be working on the front baffle this week/weekend. I am a little concerned that the top of the vent is within 2 inches of an internal brace and may look into options with either moving the vent slightly or changing the cutout pattern in the brace to allow better air flow - am I making too much of this??

ThomasW- I'm trying to work on ideas on the felt/grill. I'm assuming that the felt is as important on this design as it is to Avalon. Has anyone used the "stick on" felt from PE??

Got my supply of caps & inductors this week... I remember seeing an external crossover box for the Ascent?? model and thought that perhaps it was a little bit of hype - after seeing the size of some of these, I now feel the crossover enclosure was no joke!!
                          Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:27 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• kvardas
                            • Dec 2005

Being that the cabinet is already constructed, could a forstner bit be used to bore the hole to minimize headaches?

Comment

• ThomasW
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Aug 2000

If you're good with a Forstner bit larger than 4-1/8".......:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kvardas
                                Being that the cabinet is already constructed, could a forstner bit be used to bore the hole to minimize headaches?
                                Actually, the cabinet isn't assembled. I've been doing a "dry" fit to check everything prior to final glue up. I always do a dry fit because it often catches something I've missed along the way.

It will be pretty easy to take the offending brace and punch a larger hole in it on the drill press and that's probably what I'll do........

ThomasW - looks like a beautiful end of the week and weekend here in Colorado!! Looks like I'll be getting a tan while working on the final cabinet work.

Comment

• taz13
                                  • Jun 2004

Jon
                                  Try this on that Rosewood, works for me.
                                  graftedcoatings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, graftedcoatings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The day is not complete if something new is not learnt.
                                  Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                    • Aug 2000

Actually, the cabinet isn't assembled. I've been doing a "dry" fit to check everything prior to final glue up. I always do a dry fit because it often catches something I've missed along the way.
                                    Absolutely recommended step, mandatory in my opinion, especially for a woodwoorking challenged EE like myself.

ThomasW - looks like a beautiful end of the week and weekend here in Colorado!! Looks like I'll be getting a tan while working on the final cabinet work.
                                    I'm jealous- we're soggier than a paper towel at the bottom of a lake, here, and they're forcasting more rain through Tuesday.

I almost refrained from posting about the possibility of a midrange, it may not even be very feasible crossover wise (a relatively narrow bandpass, though I've pulled it off before 800Hz to 3 kHz), but Evil Twin used force mind control and made me do it... just stirring up trouble, IMO. :P

Now you see why I have trouble finishing things in one fixed form... I'm always evaluating the possibilities.
                                    the AudioWorx
                                    Natalie P
                                    M8ta
                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                    Modula MT XE
                                    Modula Xtreme
                                    Isiris
                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                    Minerva Monitor
                                    Calliope
                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                    Obi-Wan
                                    Modula PWB
                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by taz13
                                      Jon
                                      Try this on that Rosewood, works for me.
                                      graftedcoatings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, graftedcoatings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

http://www.doolinguitars.com/waterbo...tructions.html
                                      This looks really interesting as an option!! BTW - pretty nice example of a harp guitar on Mike Doolin's site.

Comment

• taz13
                                        • Jun 2004

For Canadians there is http://www.woodessence.com/
                                        Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• taz13
                                          • Jun 2004

A couple of French Polishing Tutorials

Taz/Rick/Richard/Ricardo

Comment

• Jed
                                            Ultra Senior Member
                                            • Apr 2005

I wonder how that new Dayton RS midrange compares to a C44 or C79? I wouldn't be suprised if the Dayton compares favorably when used from 800-2 or 3K. Hmmmm M8ta RS225, RS 2", and RS28a sounds good to me!!!

Comment

• ThomasW
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Aug 2000

ThomasW - I'm trying to work on ideas on the felt/grill. I'm assuming that the felt is as important on this design as it is to Avalon. Has anyone used the "stick on" felt from PE??
                                              Yep it certainly makes a difference. Though we don't post much about it, we use it on all our speakers...

Don't know about the PE felt. The stuff on the Avalon's is 3/8"-1/2" thick and has a very high wool content.

McMasterCarr.com sells it = $$$.

I get it locally at a place that makes custom gaskets. They sell the roll-end leftovers from their contract jobs. Originally I bought it from the place that supplies Avalon, but they stopped selling to the public a while back.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                Mad Max Moderator
                                                • Aug 2000

Secret sauce: don't use a round cutout in felt for tweeter, use a tall diamond style cutout.
                                                the AudioWorx
                                                Natalie P
                                                M8ta
                                                Modula Neo DCC
                                                Modula MT XE
                                                Modula Xtreme
                                                Isiris
                                                Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                Minerva Monitor
                                                Calliope
                                                Ardent D

In Development...
                                                Obi-Wan
                                                Modula PWB
                                                Calliope CC Supreme
                                                Natalie P Ultra
                                                Natalie P Supreme
                                                Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• Jed
                                                  Ultra Senior Member
                                                  • Apr 2005

Secret sauce: don't use a round cutout in felt for tweeter, use a tall diamond style cutout.

For Accuton tweeters, could one do this without removing the grill and get all the same benefits?

Comment

• kvardas
                                                    • Dec 2005

4 1/2" bit

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                      Mad Max Moderator
                                                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Jed
                                                      For Accuton tweeters, could one do this without removing the grill and get all the same benefits?

Could try it, but you wind up with an air gap between the felt and the actual tweeter frame surface. A surface that has some concentric features which contribute to diffraction at discrete frequencies. But it might help quite a bit- certainly something I'm going to try on my next unmodified C23-6 applciation.
                                                      the AudioWorx
                                                      Natalie P
                                                      M8ta
                                                      Modula Neo DCC
                                                      Modula MT XE
                                                      Modula Xtreme
                                                      Isiris
                                                      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                      Minerva Monitor
                                                      Calliope
                                                      Ardent D

In Development...
                                                      Obi-Wan
                                                      Modula PWB
                                                      Calliope CC Supreme
                                                      Natalie P Ultra
                                                      Natalie P Supreme
                                                      Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                        • Feb 2006

Could try it, but you wind up with an air gap between the felt and the actual tweeter frame surface. A surface that has some concentric features which contribute to diffraction at discrete frequencies. But it might help quite a bit- certainly something I'm going to try on my next unmodified C23-6 applciation.
                                                        Jon:

BTW - I'm running a parellel DIY project and I'm moving my Adire DPL12 subs out of their temporary enclosures into final finished versions. With all the work I'm doing with the M8ta design I decided to model an enclosure with similar "features". Since I have four drivers I had already decided to put two drivers per box. The final version I was working on last night looked suprisingly similar to the base unit of the Isis!!

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kvardas
                                                          Kvardas

That is a monster bit!!! It would make quick work of the holes in the internal brace design!!

All I can say is you damn well better clamp that sucker down tight and run your drill at low rpm or you could be running around with part of your DIY project jutting out from your chest!!

Tom

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                            Moderator Emeritus
                                                            • Aug 2000

Kvardas

That is a monster bit!!! It would make quick work of the holes in the internal brace design!!

All I can say is you damn well better clamp that sucker down tight and run your drill at low rpm or you could be running around with part of your DIY project jutting out from your chest!!

Tom
                                                            My thoughts as well..... 8O

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                              • Feb 2006

Pictures From Today

Here are some pictures from today's work..... these are all dry fit work making sure everything is fitting properly. One of the pictures shows the dados for the braces and the back panel - this is slightly different than Jon's design as the dados are made at right angles to the front and back.

Name:	Dry Fit Front Angle Low Res.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	845382

Name:	Dry Fit Side View Low Rez.JPG
Views:	417
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	845383

Name:	Side Panel Dado Low Rez.JPG
Views:	405
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	845384
                                                              Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:36 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                • Aug 2000

Looking good Mr Tom.....:wink:

Oh, are they heavy yet? :B

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                  • Feb 2006

Looking good Mr Tom.....:wink:

Oh, are they heavy yet? :B
                                                                  Heavy???? Nah..... light as a feather......really! :crush:

These things are going to be a joy to lift up on my bench an veneer!!

Tom

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                                                    • Aug 2000

Looking very nice! :T

You have been doing your work outs and bench reps, haven't you? :yeah:
                                                                    the AudioWorx
                                                                    Natalie P
                                                                    M8ta
                                                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                                                    Modula MT XE
                                                                    Modula Xtreme
                                                                    Isiris
                                                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                    Minerva Monitor
                                                                    Calliope
                                                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                    Obi-Wan
                                                                    Modula PWB
                                                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                      • Feb 2006

Subwoofer Idea

Idea #1............

There is a joke within this picture........ :rofl:

Tom

Name:	Subwoofer Idea Low Rez.JPG
Views:	575
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	845386
                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:37 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• TacoD
                                                                        Super Senior Member
                                                                        • Feb 2004

Wow, you have time to make an extra small bedroom set? Or is it for the laptop.

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                          Senior Member
                                                                          • Feb 2006

Looking very nice! :T

You have been doing your work outs and bench reps, haven't you? :yeah:

Jon:

How long before you can have the crossovers designed for these???? :roflmao:

Name:	Isis Clone Low Rez.JPG
Views:	1241
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	845387
                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:37 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                            • 15305

Idea #1............

There is a joke within this picture........ :rofl:

Tom

Mini-M8ta's for Tang Band full range drivers....
                                                                            the AudioWorx
                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                            M8ta
                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                            Isiris
                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                            Calliope
                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                              Mad Max Moderator
                                                                              • Aug 2000
                                                                              • 15305

#83
                                                                              Jon:

How long before you can have the crossovers designed for these???? :roflmao:

uh, what kind of 2" woofer is that, and what about the 1/8" tweeters you must be using?

As soon as you can get me measurement files of the drivers in those "enclosures", I'm good to go....

Sort of a Bonsai speaker, huh?

Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:03 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                              the AudioWorx
                                                                              Natalie P
                                                                              M8ta
                                                                              Modula Neo DCC
                                                                              Modula MT XE
                                                                              Modula Xtreme
                                                                              Isiris
                                                                              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                              Minerva Monitor
                                                                              Calliope
                                                                              Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                              Obi-Wan
                                                                              Modula PWB
                                                                              Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                              Natalie P Ultra
                                                                              Natalie P Supreme
                                                                              Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ThomasW
                                                                                Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                • Aug 2000
                                                                                • 10933

#84
                                                                                High end cabinets for his AcoustiMass modules....:wink:

IB subwoofer FAQ page

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                                  Senior Member
                                                                                  • Feb 2006
                                                                                  • 332

#85
                                                                                  Sorry!!

I was bored waiting on glue-ups..........

Gee, I thought the cabinets would give me a hernia... these front baffles aren't far behind in the mass department!!

BTW - These are the only small tweeters in my house - and they keep me plenty busy!!

Name:	Krista and Shannon Winners Low Rez.JPG
Views:	501
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	845388
                                                                                  Last edited by masterofnone; 14 August 2023, 17:29 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                    Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                    • Aug 2000
                                                                                    • 15305

#86
                                                                                    Sorry!!

I was bored waiting on glue-ups..........

Gee, I thought the cabinets would give me a hernia... these front baffles aren't far behind in the mass department!!

BTW - These are the only small tweeters in my house - and they keep me plenty busy!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Krista and Shannon Winners Low Rez.JPG Views:	440 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	845388
                                                                                    ā€‹

I can well imagine....

Mine is more of a "midrange".....

Just wait till your tweeters are this old...

Name:	EleainePort.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	948113
                                                                                    Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:30 Monday. Reason: Update image location
                                                                                    the AudioWorx
                                                                                    Natalie P
                                                                                    M8ta
                                                                                    Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                    Modula MT XE
                                                                                    Modula Xtreme
                                                                                    Isiris
                                                                                    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                    Minerva Monitor
                                                                                    Calliope
                                                                                    Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                    Obi-Wan
                                                                                    Modula PWB
                                                                                    Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                    Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                    Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                    Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                                      Senior Member
                                                                                      • Feb 2006
                                                                                      • 332

#87
                                                                                      ā€‹

I can well imagine....

Mine is more of a "midrange".....

Just wait till your tweeters are this old...

Click image for larger version  Name:	EleainePort.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.0 KB ID:	948113
                                                                                      ā€‹

Cute kid!!

Mine are growing up too fast.... I kinda wish I could skip right through the puberty/teen stuff though. My oldest is already in the hormonal stage - one minute she's an angel the next she's......... her EVIL TWIN!!!

Tom
                                                                                      Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:31 Monday. Reason: Update quote

Comment

• ColoradoTom
                                                                                        Senior Member
                                                                                        • Feb 2006
                                                                                        • 332

#88
                                                                                        Weekend Work

I Didn't get as much done as I had hoped - all kinds of family and work commitments. Pictures show some closeups of the dados. Other pictures show the dry fit of the front to the cabinet - I was able to cutout the driver holes this weekend!! The fronts are getting ready to have the facets cuts, hopefully this weekend!

Jon - I also included my test of a French Polish, the picture doesn't really show it but it did turn out nice!! Way too much work for a project this size for me though.

Tom

Name:	Dry Fit Cabinet Baffle Low Rez.JPG
Views:	369
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	845398

Name:	Dry Fit Cabinet Baffle Top View Low Rez.JPG
Views:	418
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	845399

Name:	Dado Closeup Low Rez.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	845400

Name:	Rosewood French Polish Low Rez.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	845401

Comment

• alexnick
                                                                                          Member
                                                                                          • Dec 2005
                                                                                          • 57

#89
                                                                                          Hope I don't go too much offtopic but I saw that finish and I was wonder what do you guys say about this one?
                                                                                          The first picture looks better than the sample!
                                                                                          They say it's called Myrtle Cluster Burl! How much do you think it costs?

Thanks!

Name:	eidolon_FI_98.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	845402

Name:	Myrtle Cluster Burl.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	845403
                                                                                          Last edited by theSven; 14 August 2023, 17:38 Monday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonMarsh
                                                                                            Mad Max Moderator
                                                                                            • Aug 2000
                                                                                            • 15305

#90
                                                                                            I Didn't get as much done as I had hoped - all kinds of family and work commitments. Pictures show some closeups of the dados. Other pictures show the dry fit of the front to the cabinet - I was able to cutout the driver holes this weekend!! The fronts are getting ready to have the facets cuts, hopefully this weekend!

Jon - I also included my test of a French Polish, the picture doesn't really show it but it did turn out nice!! Way too much work for a project this size for me though.

Tom
                                                                                            For this kind of project, you're roaring along at a pretty good clip! And looking good doing it!

I understand about the weekend- work ended up eating most of it, even the two days vacation I took. Gotta put an end to that...

~Jon
                                                                                            the AudioWorx
                                                                                            Natalie P
                                                                                            M8ta
                                                                                            Modula Neo DCC
                                                                                            Modula MT XE
                                                                                            Modula Xtreme
                                                                                            Isiris
                                                                                            Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
                                                                                            Minerva Monitor
                                                                                            Calliope
                                                                                            Ardent D

In Development...
                                                                                            Obi-Wan
                                                                                            Modula PWB
                                                                                            Calliope CC Supreme
                                                                                            Natalie P Ultra
                                                                                            Natalie P Supreme
                                                                                            Janus BP1 Sub

Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"