X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

Impedance Phase Plot Question

What do I need to be aware of when viewing the impedance phase plot when modeling a crossover network?
    Thanks,
    Ward
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

Depending on the amplifier(s) and/or receivers you're using, you may need to be concerned with minimum impedance. Anything below 4 Ohms is going to start putting more of a strain on some amps if you push the speakers hard.

If you look closely at the impedance curves, assuming they're accurately measured and represented, as opposed to smoothed-over marketing material, you may see little humps or glitches in an otherwise smooth curve. These tend to be indicators of problems at those frequencies with cone-breakup, system resonance or other distortion-inducing issues.

Paul

Comment

• Marzen
      • Jul 2005

Thanks Paul. I can tame the rise/fall fairly well. I was more interested in the impendance phase plot, I don't think it looks terribly reactive, but then I'm basing that on other designs I've looked at. I wanted to post a graph but I can't seem to open the project file looking the same as I left it in Sound Easy. I also wanted to post some measurements of a change in the Modula MTM tweet network suggested by Jon, but I kept getting target level errors while running sweeps. It's been one of those days :roll:
      Thanks,
      Ward
      What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"