X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rutgar
    • Sep 2004

Question for Resilient Channel Experts

For you guys who have used Resilient Channel in the construction of the your walls; What problems, if any, does mounting the surround speakers on the wall pose? In other words, since the wall is allowed to freely vibrate, does mounting the surround speakers to this wall, cause any problems? If so, what did you do to get around the problem?

Thanks.

- Rutgar
  • basementjack
    • Dec 2004

This is a late reply, but it might be helpful.

I installed 2 fairly heavy speakers on 5/8 drywall over RC over another 5/8.

I don't think I have vibration problems,

However, I didn't plan for it in advance, and fishing the wire was an absolute pain in the ....

I also have come to decide that I don't really care for RC. It adds complexity and cost, and makes installing things like crown moulding a bit more difficult (not to mention light switches and outlets)

I wish I would have gone with a staggered stud arrangement, I think the STC is about the same.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"