X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Pictures of the entrance to my theater

I took a bunch of pics of my theater entrance and bar area, now that it's been (mostly) cleaned up and organized so much more. You see how everything is very light colored, with little decoration right now? I'd really like to change that, which is why I was thinking making/buying some entry signs and/or decorations. With such a large, double-door entrance and 10 foot ceilings, something over the doors might look nice. And/or maybe matching/complimenting signs or decorations, flanking the entrance on each side? If nothing else, maybe some sort of "Now Playing" marquee to go on one wall, perhaps where the little hanging clock decoration is now. (look carefully, though, and you'll see a tiny little box right next to it on the wall, which is a wall thermostat--could interfere with the hanging of a large sign)

Everyone, I'm very open to ideas about how to spruce this up!

For reference, this area is right at the base of the stairs, going from the main level of the house to the lower level, which has several bedrooms, the theater, and a bonus room. So this area is not really a dedicated rec room, and does need to be kept in taste, with daily life transiting through.

Okay, shifting my camera position from right to left, where I was standing when taking the pictures, and looking at things from left to right in the area:

First pic is from standing in front of the theater. On the left edge of the pic, you can see the bottom stair of the staircase to upstairs. The single door leads into the central equipment room. Next you see the bar--behind on the right is a rack I had made for my shotglass collection, which I haven't put up yet. In the middle is my classic-styled phone, and you can see the A/V home control panel just below and to the left of the phone. The big shelf to the left is actually a large bar shelf that I want to hang on the wall there, but I can't anchor into the studs there, so for now it's sitting on the floor until I figure out what to do.

Moving to the left, and panning to the right, you can see the theater entrance doors. Note that the back corners of the theater are cut at 45 degree angles, and this is mirrored on the outside of the theater at the end of the bar. You'll see the angled wall better in a couple pics.

Moving again to the left, and panning to the right, here I'm actually sitting on the stairs. Just to the right of the entrance, currently I have a small framed poster from the actual Moulin Rouge in Paris. (my wife's favorite movie) My sister gave that to us. On the very right edge of the pic, you can see French doors leading to the rec room adjoining the theater.

Moving again to the left, now I'm standing in front of the door to the equipment room. (please excuse some of the mess on the bar) In the far left corner, you can see how the wall angles away by 45 degrees, mirroring what's going on inside the theater.

If there's some interest here, I may post more pictures of my theater and home audio/video setups.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Of course there's interest! Post baby, post! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Paint...to much white

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Ah, okay... will take more pictures when I can.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dougie085
          Paint...to much white
          He is in Alaska, Everything is white there. :E
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• bigburner
            Super Senior Member
            • May 2005

The exterior is great. When it comes to "sprucing" don't forget that sometimes less is more.

Now show us what's behind those doors!

Nigel.

Comment

• wettou
              Ultra Senior Member
              • May 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
              I took a bunch of pics of my theater entrance the equipment room.
              How do you put pictures in the text like that!

If there's some interest here, I may post more pictures of my theater and home audio/video setups.
              Yes
              Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

wettou, when you post to a thread, click the "Post Reply" button, or "Go Advanced". Below the text typing box you can "manage attachments" and upload pictures. Once it's uploaded, it's saved to the internet. After that, you can show that or ANY picture saved on the internet using the format [ img ] InsertThePictureURLHere [ /img ] but without the spaces.
                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

wettou, when you post to a thread, click the "Post Reply" button, or "Go Advanced". Below the text typing box you can "manage attachments" and upload pictures. Once it's uploaded, it's saved to the internet. After that, you can show that or ANY picture saved on the internet using the format [ img ] InsertThePictureURLHere [ /img ] but without the spaces.
                  That did work here is what happens

Last edited by wettou; 09 May 2008, 16:04 Friday.
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Wettou, I corrected the problem with the post above. Just edit the post and you'll be able to see what I modified to make the image show up. Hope this helps. The only thing I did was remove the blank spaces between the brackets and the letters (which I capitalized for clarity).

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• wettou
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • May 2006

Thank you greatly appreciated now I get it.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"