X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dobias
    • May 2007

Corner located TV & dipole speaker

I have a 50" plasma across the corner of the room and have a pair of left & right open baffles utilizing 53 year old Wharfedales. I recently found another 12" full range Wharfedale and plan on locating it below the plasma.
    I have two concerns:
    First:Will the 20 lb. magnet affect the plasma? I don't see any effect, in a trial placement, but I wonder if there may be any damage to the TV.
    Second: Will locating it a few feet away from the corner on a minimalist baffle create any sound problems? I'd like to get the benefit of this group's advice before a trial & error installation.
    Incidently, I'd never advise anyone to go the route I did with old speakers. They are too fragile. The aluminum voice coil & the wire extensions to the speaker connections break very easily. The eyelet that pierces the paper cone also breaks out extremely easily (brittle varnish?).
    Miller Sound (millerspkr@aol.com) was the only one I could find that would undertake the repair of one of my speakers. Bill Miller did a great job.
    dobias
  • Fred333
    • Oct 2007

The corner placement might have some sound issues.
    Always looking for a Scranton Web Design company.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"