X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sponge
    • May 2006

Rear Channel Ceiling Placement Help

I am going to pre-wire the basement this week and need a little guidance

Due to my home's age I have a chimney going up the middle and a sump pump on the other side that has divided up my basement into 3 rooms essentially

Due to this my HT room is small (19x7 theater area) with a half of one wall wider with a wet bar (total room size of 19x10).

Because of the size design of the room I am limited to doing the rears in the ceiling. And because of the size of the room I want to do a couch (probably theater style seats) against the back wall. I don't mind pulling it a few feet way if that will help the sound...

Now where should I put the rears?

What is the minimum distance from the rear wall and side wall I can have to help avoid any bad reflections and imbalance?

Any advice or input is valued greatly! ;x(
    Old HT guy getting back into it!
  • Sponge
    • May 2006

Oh one other thing...due to the size do you really think its worth pre-wiring a rear center channel?
    Old HT guy getting back into it!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

with that size theater, I'd say yes, it's worth it! I don't know a "minimum" or anything, but the centers of my rear surrounds in my bedroom that I put in the ceiling are about 2' from the side and rear walls. Works fine.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"