Clear All
  • MetalMilitia
    • Feb 2006

Beginners Home Theater

i'm 19 and this is what i've built up over the past 2 years

please give me some tips

• KeithM
    • Oct 2005

I hope I can get that kind of setup by the time I'm 19. It looks awsome. This is a very minor look part, but it would look better to move your electrical outlet behind equipment rack. Also, my opinion is B&W sounds better with Rotel amps. Also, if it hurts you eyes, put something in front of the blue light.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Sweet, dude. I agree, awesome for 19. I think the neon is snazzy, but I would NOT, repeat, NOT, leave it on while you're watching a movie. You're going to bias your entire perception of colors in the movie, and the light can be distracting. If you want to leave a dim white light on instead, that's a whole other story.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• MetalMilitia
        • Feb 2006

i actually found that the neon light is not distracting at all and makes the picture easier on the eyes

should i move my speakers further apart?

why do u say B&W's prefer Rotel amps?

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

That is a nice setup. Should you move you speakers further apart? Maybe, depending on your seating position. How far are you from your speakers?

I would try setting the speakers closer to the long wall, which allows maximum possible speaker separation for the widest soundstage. Just my $0.02 .

Best regards,

Azeke
          Last edited by Azeke; 02 February 2006, 22:18 Thursday.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

I agree, try moving them out a slight bit more and angling them in more, it should provide a little bit better of a soundstage for you. The only thing you have to watch is with the side walls not having anything on them, something to difuse the sound would definitely help.

Otherwise, looks awesome! I wish I had a setup like that when I was 19.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• MetalMilitia
              • Feb 2006

cool guys, i'm gonna play around with the speakers a bit tonight and give feedback

i will be putting up curtains on the sidewalls soon (covering about 1/3 of each wall) so it should sound better then

thx for the comments

Comment

• KeithM
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by MetalMilitia
                i actually found that the neon light is not distracting at all and makes the picture easier on the eyes

should i move my speakers further apart?

<b>why do u say B&W's prefer Rotel amps?</b>
                It's more of a personal preference. Rotel amps sound a little dark to me, while the B & W's sound slightly bright. Together, they add up to even for me and I love the sound. It's not an issue if you don't think B & W sounds bright.

Comment

• MetalMilitia
                  • Feb 2006

i use to have a Yamaha amp (DSP A1) to power my B&W's and i was happy for a while but the Denon IMHO just made them sound much "livelier" (if there is such a word)

i've owned Jamo speakers before aswell but they do not compare to my B&W's

i will post pics when the curtains are up
                  thx for the comments everyone

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

Actually, forum redirects like this are not acceptable way to show your gear here, it's as if to say, oh while your here why not join this forum. Any future posts like this will be deleted. Put your images someplace where you get free space, then point to it, not to a forum.

Admins
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• MetalMilitia
                      • Feb 2006

sorry, honestly didn't know

and the forum it is posted on is only for people in a certain suburb cos we all know each other, i know its not a good enough reason and i'll repost these pics if i have to, sorry again

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"