X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Room acoustics Program

Sup G's,
    Looking for a program to test my room, that is, if and when I ever get it finished. I know there are many programs out there. I will be buying a BFD for my subs and I will be curious to see how my room interatacts with everything. What programs can anyone recommend? I prefer one that is relatively easy to use. I will be looking to utilize room treatements after measurements so any information on this is also appreciated, but I suppose that can wait until I get my initial results back. Thanks.
    Roly
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You need to be more specific. There are programs for modeling room mode response and RT/60 in a given space. And there are programs for measuring in-room response. Which do you want?

BTW, I'm slowly putting together a guide for some of this stuff, this link maybe helpful (note that all these pages are still under construction)
    http://home.comcast.net/~thomasw_2/S...ndEQpage2.html.

There's introductory bass/acoustic trap info on this page

In-room testing software and equipment

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Spearmint
      • Sep 2004

Hey Thomas...

Fantastic resource pages :T
      Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• ThomasW
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Thanks....hopefully I'll get them completed in my lifetime...

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Rolyasm
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ThomasW
          You need to be more specific. There are programs for modeling room mode response and RT/60 in a given space. And there are programs for measuring in-room response. Which do you want?
          Thomas, you know I am not that smart. :roll:
          What is RT/60, mode response and in-room response? I am going to your web site now to read, so if the information is there, I apologize. What I have seen is peope taking measurements, obtaining a chart with peaks and dips, and flattening out those peaks. I suppose my first goal is to measure the response of my under-riser sub and flatten out any peaks there might be. After that I am really not sure. I suppose I try to learn more and tweak after that.
          Roly

Comment

• Rolyasm
            • Dec 2004

Wow Thomas,
            I'm about 1/2 through your site and it is great. I bet I won't have to ask as many questions after this... or maybe it will lead me to more. You really are a benifit to the community. God bless ya.
            Roly

Comment

• dyazdani
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Rolyasm
              What is RT/60, mode response and in-room response?
              Roly,

RT/60 is a measure of reverberation time - the time it takes for a sound in a room to decay 60dB. The modal response is a calculation of where the resonances are (Frequencies) in a room - based on the room's dimensions. There are programs that try to approximate the above, like CARA.

The in-room response is an actual measurement using software such as ETF. This would allow the user to measure the frequency response of the room, look at the effects of room treatments, etc.

Based on your initial question, it sounds like you are looking for something to measure the in-room response.
              Danish

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"