X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbcmp1979
    • Dec 2009

NatP inroom measured

Ok, so I finally got my measurement up and here's my inroom FR for the NatP w/ 1/6smoothing.

I forgot to mentioned that this is measured with the rs28f vs the original design which called for a rs28a. The rs28f does have a rising response on the top end.

I turned it up pretty loud and even with the rising response of the rs28f, it wasn't fatiguing at all (atleast to my ear anyway.) :-)

So I remeasured it with a pillow under the mic and here it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	natinroommeasurement-1.webp
Views:	66
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	939870
    Last edited by theSven; 10 June 2023, 18:14 Saturday. Reason: Update image location
  • bbcmp1979
    • Dec 2009

reserve
    Last edited by bbcmp1979; 06 October 2011, 22:19 Thursday.

Comment

• ---k---
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2005

Can you tell us more about your measurement setup? Are you using a calibrated mic? Is this one speaker or both? Is this 1m on axis or at your seat? Is this a gated measurement?

Other than the big rise in the top, it looks pretty good. But, that rise seems a bit much. It is more than just the difference between the a and f.
      - Ryan

CJD Ochocinco! ND140/BC25SC06 MTM & TM
      CJD Khanspires - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS225 WMTMW
      CJD Khancenter - A Dayton RS28/RS150/RS180 WTMW Center

Comment

• bbcmp1979
        • Dec 2009

---k---
        The mic used is an emm6 mic with a cal file loaded but my soundcard isn't calibrated, and I measured it at 2ft last night on axis. What happened is i brought out an old aiwa stereo as my amp and the treb is turned on. I remeasured it this morning w/ the treb off at 3ft and 3ft away from walls/windows.
        Last edited by bbcmp1979; 06 October 2011, 22:20 Thursday.

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Now that looks like the NatP I know & love!
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• bbcmp1979
            • Dec 2009

SInce the mic was set up already, I went ahead and measured the 2cc from JED.

Name:	2rccsixthsmoothing.webp
Views:	39
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	939872

2cc vs natp

Name:	2rccvsnatp.webp
Views:	42
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	939873
            Last edited by theSven; 10 June 2023, 18:15 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• fbov
              • Jun 2008

Did you measure in the same room, same location? It's curious that the bass response is so different, given it's dominated by the room, and is covered by the same driver in both cases... Perhaps it's orientation; the 2CC is a horizontal design while NatP's are vertical?

HAve fun,
              Frank

Comment

• bbcmp1979
                • Dec 2009

They are both measured in the same room, but not the same location. The Natp is sitting right next to the window, and the 2cc sitting on the top shelf underneath the tv. Basically, I measured them where they are sitting in my room. I rather see what I'm hearing at the current location and figured that the dips/peaks are due to room mode. Eventually I'll try and move them to a location where room mode won't effect them as much.

the dips at 150hz for the natp is definitely room mode
                here's an earlier measurement where i had it out in the middle of the living room
                but the 1khz peak is due to the mic being sitting on a chair vs sitting on a pillow

Name:	natinroommeasurementnbbe.webp
Views:	45
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	939871
                Last edited by theSven; 10 June 2023, 18:14 Saturday. Reason: Update image location

Comment

• JonP
                  • Apr 2006

Yep... Everything below 200-300hz is going to be strongly affected by room, with a far field measurement. Moving things around as you're doing can help to see what is room mode effects and what's basic response of the box. Of course, a near field measurement kinda does that too...

But you can learn a bit about positioning vs flatness at the listening position, and maybe thereby choose a better final spot in the room for the speakers. Especially with that nice, compare multiple graph feature in REW...

Reflective things near (both in front and behind) the mic can do things to the higher end as well, might be an idea to look around for a basic mic stand to keep that part cleaner.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"