X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOY DIVISION
    • Aug 2004

New Cards??

It's a battle between nVidia and ATI again. With the release of X700XT and the 6600GT.I've been a loyal ATI customer and it's strange I live in CA. But this time I think nVidia is doing well against their Canadian foe.The 6600GT might be a next good upgrade for folks not being able to afford the 6800GT. ops:
  • Daryl Furkalo
    • Feb 2002

Aren't those cards PCI-Xpress?

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
      • Aug 2004

yeah and they're affordable with an upgrade to PCI Express.

Comment

• Daryl Furkalo
        • Feb 2002

But to upgrade to that, you would be looking at a mobo and processor upgrade with it, and for now, Intel only.

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Daryl Furkalo
          But to upgrade to that, you would be looking at a mobo and processor upgrade with it, and for now, Intel only.
          You don't have to because the 6600 will be bridge into AGP in a few weeks or months, but if you feel the need then about $600.00 would be good for proc,board and v/c, as far as benchmark on these, I've seen better framerates against my o'ced 2.8c@3.1GHz with ASUS P4C800 dx and a 9800XT combined. With the X800XtPlat and 6800 costing somewhere around that price that you need to do an upgrade, isn't this a little better since it's overclock friendly too.I have the board ASUS "P5AD2 Premium" 925X Chipset purchased at a low $215.00 on ebay retail board, take advantage on the DDR2 which my P4C800 would never have. :P :P

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"