X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EnderX
    • Sep 2004

HTPC case recommendations?

Trying to decide what case to put my FULL size mobo in. I want it to fit in on my stereo rack.

I have been considering Antec Overture, also looked at Coolermaster Cavalier 4. Any other suggestions?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

They're expensive but Ahanix's cases are sooo nice :drool:

They have a couple models I believe, (including the dvine 4 I posted) that support full sized ATX mobo's

Jason
    Jason

Comment

• EnderX
      • Sep 2004

That is beautiful but 300-700 is alittle expensive for my blood. Aiming more for the <150 mark. The overture is $135 Can.

Comment

• PiDD
        • Aug 2003

I went thru all the same internal struggles you are going thru right now. i bought a rack mount case and just didnt like it ($100+ out the door).

I saw the overture case but in person it looked a little plastic and just wouldnt look right in my rack. I will edit out he plastic comment if you ahev already bought it! ops:

I ended up getting the D.Vine 4 for $300cdn from Ncix after they price matched another online dealer.

I really like this case and can recommend it. You have to remember you will have the case for a while.

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

EnderX, this is the "bad" side of the coin that forums offer :lol: While on the good side you get tons of useful and helpful information, the bad side will make you spend more money! :lol:

The Ahanix cases are really in a class of their own and worth their higher price tags IMO but it's your budget and your PC

Jason

Jason
          Jason

Comment

• Palerider
            • Nov 2004

I found the Devine 4 and 5 series cases at DigiConcepts. The Devine 4 in black or silver is $194.00 and the Devine 5/6 in black or silver is $205.00. Prices seem very reasonable.

Last edited by Palerider; 04 November 2004, 17:53 Thursday. Reason: Corrected website link.

Comment

• JOY DIVISION
              • Aug 2004

Be carefull on what Ahanix model you buy, since your board might not fit in some models,regarding the power supply, might want to increase that a little more, at 350 watts with new hardwares with increase power coming out, your PSU might choke and suffer frequent crashes. That all depends on what you are putting though.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"