X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tgrossner
    • Jul 2004

PC to control devices via Infrared

Has anyone come accross any PC software to control home theater components via infrared?

Tim
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

You might be interested in what one of Rotel's companies is working on at the moment. Its call iCommand and there web site is here

Comment

• tgrossner
      • Jul 2004

Hmmm...that looks a little too in-depth. What I was looking for was a simple program/interface for a pc such as a laptop. That looks to me like it runs on custom hardware.

Tim

Comment

• Fortunado
        • Sep 2004

Girder (software) and a USB UIRT (hardware) should allow your PC to control anything in range.

http://www.promixis.com/ for Girder
        http://www.usbuirt.com/ for USB UIRT

F

Comment

• mcascio
          • Oct 2004

Don't forget the Global Cache - the nice thing is that it's networkable.

Global Caché designs and manufacturers IP and WiFi enabling connectivity products for the commercial, residential, and education markes.

Comment

• ajpoe
            • Jul 2004

I have the Harmony H680 remote and I would like to use it to control my computer and my X10 lighting. If I were to get the USB UIRT to receiver the IR commands from the Harmony, I assume I could use Girder and control winamp, etc. But, how would I go about setting something up to send out the RF commans to the X10 controls. I have the serial firecracker adaptor for X10... can that be used with Girder and USB UIRT to handle that aspect?

My setup is in my living room. I would like to keep my ATI RF remote control in my bedroom since I can control the computer from back there and use the Harmony in the living room via IR. If I hooked up the Firecracker serial adaptor, ATI remote USB receiver and USB IR receiver all at the same time on the computer, will I have conflicts?

AJ
            AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• basementjack
              • Dec 2004

Thanks to all who have posted links to products - I didn't know this stuff existed! Very Interesting!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"