X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Anyone Ripping With WM9?

Hi gang, just wanted to see if anyone here was ripping CDs to mp3 using Windows Media Player v9? If so what are your feelings about the quality of the mp3s at best quality - 192 kbps?

[LEGAL STUFF]Disclaimer: all CDs I refer to are ones that I have legally purchased, and the resultant mp3 files are for my singular use only and will not be distributed in any fashion.[/LEGAL STUFF] :yesnod:

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Oops, an "ahem" minor correction. That's WMA files, not mp3s. :??

Comment

• Kemp
      • Nov 2003

I'm using WMA9 to burn and copy my discs for my car. Although I haven't got "audiophile" ears. I would say the quality is very good. I am comparing it on my main system against the original. I burn it as audio files and not WMA.
      Marius

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

I only use it at work at 128kbps to listen to all my CD's on random. Not very critical listening especially through the smallish Altec Lansing speakers.

Jason
        Jason

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Jason, that's sort of what I had in mind. Eventually to have all of my music library on my laptop to use at work via headphones (nothing NEAR as cool as Kev's Coobicle Toobicle system ;x( ), and then to take up to the Orcas Island house and play via a fairly nice PC speaker system that is still TBD (to be determined).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"